Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Sword Coast Legends No Longer Available End of Dec
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Veritas
Learned Scribe

209 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2017 :  16:18:45  Show Profile  Visit Veritas's Homepage Send Veritas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
As the topic says, Sword Coast Legends will no longer be available for purchase at the end of December. NSpace, the developer closed down last year and the publisher, Digital Extremes, has their contract ending shortly. There is a final sale for those who are interested, and then it should be gone for good.

As a personal note, I enjoyed it for the simple action fest it was. It wasn't a great game, but it felt like a traditional romp, even if the ruleset was more inspired by D&D 5e than anything else.

ZeshinX
Learned Scribe

Canada
210 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2017 :  23:34:31  Show Profile  Visit ZeshinX's Homepage Send ZeshinX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found the ruleset more inspired by Dragon Age than anything else. Perspective is a funny, old thing. :)

The game tried to do too much and did all of it quite poorly (my opinion). Playable(ish), but at the end of the day, a lousy game. I'd be hard pressed to even recommend it at 67% off (still not worth it really)...but hey, I suppose it's a small price to pay to satisfy curiosity.

I do hope the nSpace devs managed to land on their collective feet at other studios, but the game itself deserved the fate it found.

"...because despite the best advice of those who know what they are talking about, other people insist on doing the most massively stupid things."
-Galen, technomage
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2017 :  07:30:58  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad I own it. Sad that I'll never be able to introduce anyone else to it. Being able to play with friends is always fun, and I really enjoyed the NPC banter. Hommit Shaw was great, and all the little tidbits of lore, like exotic foods from various parts of the Realms was fun to explore. Oh well.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Thojan Ralwens
Acolyte

Belgium
30 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2017 :  13:00:27  Show Profile Send Thojan Ralwens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am interested in whatever comments owners of the game can provide. Are there specific locations that are explored ? I am not wondering because of the price, but rather the time I'd have to put into it.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2017 :  23:01:50  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PC or Console?

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic