Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 How to advance time w/out ruining a campaign
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
6451 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2017 :  05:56:00  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd thought each clone had one point less Constitution, becoming increasingly fragile (and eventually nonviable) after repeated iterations?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
6218 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2017 :  12:54:36  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

I'd thought each clone had one point less Constitution, becoming increasingly fragile (and eventually nonviable) after repeated iterations?

That would be one way to control things as well, but I haven't seen any similar ruling in any version of the game that I recall (granted 1e and 2e are way hazy after all this time, but I could see 1e having said ruling since it also had a loss of con when you died didn't it).

Of course, one thing not brought up is the fact that if you create a younger version of yourself, would that version not be healthier. After all wouldn't that be why you would do it. 5e doesn't have aging effects though, unlike 3/3.5e wherein you grew weaker but more wise. In the end, I don't think this would be an effective way to control things. At the upper levels, a true loss of level is TYPICALLY just as hard of a hit as a loss of Con... that being said, we still don't know the rules for leveling past level 20 in 5e.... which makes me wonder... wait, let me catch myself and actually start a new thread rather than derail this.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
436 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2017 :  23:01:56  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would preffer planar travel where time works differently. Faerie seems like a good example and ten years are not so huge a change. So your Aboleths can send whole party into another plane and after their adventure there they find on return that time has moved without them.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
6451 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2017 :  03:20:19  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Weren't there a few adventures which involved characters entering some other (extraplanar) domain and, upon returning, discovering that mere days became the passing of years?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000