Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 3.0e Keyless Maps
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bigbluepaw
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2017 :  18:51:53  Show Profile Send bigbluepaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey folks. I'm going through my PDFs of old source books and pulling out the NPCs and adventure sites to create a library I can use to DM.

I'm pretty pleased with everything so far, except that every single screenshot I'm taking of maps have the keys on them. When I present this to my players, they'll have a pretty good clue that something is 'there.'

Any one found caches of keyless versions of these maps like Green Bones from the FRCS 3.0e?

BTW, how did folks use these at the table top? Show the page from the book?

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2017 :  19:28:19  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Source books by their nature would be keyed. Those were for use by DMs to plan adventures. Modules provided unkeyed maps, the hand outs if one was given at all. Of course real old D&D required the party to do their own mapping.
At the keep we do have a few map makers that likely have some unkeyed.

You do of course have the option to "photo shop" out the keys, however that depends on tools and time you have available.

I do not know of any direct source that you can find a collection of what you are seeking.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2017 :  23:43:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I checked the old 3e Map Galleries and the FRCS maps themselves were never posted to my knowledge.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2017 :  02:06:27  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In olden times a photocopier and some whiteout, in more enlightened times a little paintshop or photoshop on a screenshot.

Many maps are simple to draw out anyhow. Better yet, thrust onto players to map out themselves during play.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2017 :  23:40:58  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Didn't the classic D&D starter boxes come with some kind of free pencil and graph paper for the Players to map things out manually? LOL (Or I might have been imagining things and our classic-era DM already had bought some graph paper)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000