shades of eternity
Posted - 09 Oct 2017 : 15:49:24
I am about half way done, and trying to figure out a few things.
First some history.
one of the first modules I ever played was the Phoenix Egg. I had very much nostalgia for this original project.
I read it much later and realized it was just 4 modules loosely connected with tissue.
After Saurials and Minotaurs, I wanted to try my hand at a full fledged adventure path and since Tales of the Yawning portal just came out, decided to see if looking at an old module would get anywhere.
Then I found a little blip of info in the 1st edition showing Radoc (aka Doc/One) was exiled to the forgotten realms.
so my premise is as follows:
Radoc ended up subverting the local mongrolfolk population and created himself as cult leader. He found the original phoenix egg in toril, and attempted to use the phylactery for lichdom and eventually use this new state to break his exile from toril, to return home a conquering hero and then conquer accordingly.
It kinda failed and Radoc was subsumed, but instead of being annhiliated, he was split into three lesser beings. Known as Lichlings, they are linked in that one sees, all can see. they also use slinks as spies as they have seeded all across the high forest area and maybe beyond.
The Lichlings are also stuck on another plane. The original plane where the phoenix egg was found.
They have been separated from the phoenix egg and want it back to return.
so our rag tag heroes need to find the egg, go to the plane and break his connection and potentially save 2 realms.
I've got one section more or less done and finishing up another section, but want clarification.
1. any official info on Radoc beyond Egg of the phoenix and the 1st edition fr product savage frontier)?
2. any conjecture that you would be interested in pointing me at about the above?
3. How big should an adventure module be? I'm starting to feel I've made something far bigger then I original intended.
4. also if it's bigger then a certain amount, are people okay with releasing in sections?
5. Finally how many winks are acceptable to previous products. I have a few things from both minotaurs and saurials that are more nods then full fledged connective tissue, but wondering where the line is before it gets annoying.
Also looking for to game testers to see if the module runs smoothly and/or get feedback. :)
Based on my writing speed, I don't expect it until the middle of next year, but need inspiration.
ty kindly. :)
check out my post-post apocalyptic world at www.drevrpg.com