Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Drizzt Order
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

A Traveler
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2017 :  23:31:54  Show Profile Send A Traveler a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey, just wondering if I can read the sellswords trilogy and the cleric quintet after the last Drizzt book and it would still make sense and stuff, or if there is a specific place I should read them in the Drizzt series. Thanks:)

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2017 :  02:32:48  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you could read them out of "order." They are somewhat standalone, especially the cleric quintet.

So Jarlaxle and Artemis are two of the main characters in the Sellswords and they also appear in the earlier and later Drizzt books. That said, I don't think their story in the Sellswords really impacts their return to the main storyline all that much.

As for the Cleric Quintet, some of the characters appear in some of the later Drizzt novels, but just knowing that the Cleric Quintet comes first should be fine.

Here's the order of things: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Drizzt . Without checking the timeline, the Cleric Quintet takes place about the same time as Legacy of the Drow/Paths of Darkness, but the characters don't show up until Hunter's Blade Trilogy and Transitions.
Go to Top of Page

A Traveler
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2017 :  03:22:18  Show Profile Send A Traveler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much! :)
Go to Top of Page

Taleras
Seeker

75 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2017 :  04:59:35  Show Profile Send Taleras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read the Cleric Quintet just to break up the Drizzt series before I reached The Sellswords series. The "proper" order which keeps things chronological is to read Servant of the Shard after The Spine of the World and before Sea of Swords. Then after Sea of Swords you read books two and three of the Sellswords and can then continue on with The Thousand Orcs and the rest of the Drizzt series. This is how I read it and it made a lot of sense. If you didn't read it this way I don't think it would make a huge difference, but it was nice knowing I read it the "proper" way.

Edited by - Taleras on 04 Oct 2017 05:00:59
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000