Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 If you had to live in the Realms, where would you?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2017 :  22:38:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Waterdeep is my favorite city in the Realms... But Silverymoon is a close second. If I had to live in the Realms, I think I'd pick the safety and stability of the latter.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Thogrimm
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  15:48:36  Show Profile Send Thogrimm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, you are telling me that after finding out that you could travel between the Realms and Earth that you would snuggle away in some safe quiet place?!

I would pick Elminster's tower! I would tell him that I know Ed and ask him for a hookup with a Wizard mentor somewhere and spend ten years learning and practicing magic! Learn to make some basic magic items, potions, scrolls, etc. Perhaps go on a few adventures to put my skills to the test! Ten years later come back and rock this place!
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  17:26:08  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Immersea - I would make great friends with the Wyvernspur nobles because I love them. I love that place and would love a townhouse like Giogi.

Other great places would be Eveningstar, Mistledale, Daerlun or (my personal favourite) Saerloon. Count me out for the Sword Coast, it's too darn cold!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  18:53:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thogrimm

Wow, you are telling me that after finding out that you could travel between the Realms and Earth that you would snuggle away in some safe quiet place?!

Until I had learned enough to be able to thrive in the Realms, yes, I would be someplace safe. Hard to learn to swing a sword or toss a spell if the first goblin you encounter kills you.

quote:
Originally posted by Thogrimm

I would pick Elminster's tower! I would tell him that I know Ed and ask him for a hookup with a Wizard mentor somewhere and spend ten years learning and practicing magic! Learn to make some basic magic items, potions, scrolls, etc. Perhaps go on a few adventures to put my skills to the test! Ten years later come back and rock this place!

I didn't say I'd not go a similar route for improving myself -- I should think a safe base of operations would be the obvious choice for just about anyone starting out.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Thogrimm
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  22:19:44  Show Profile Send Thogrimm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly, well met!

In re-reading everything, perhaps I came across too strong, the question is where would you live after all!

But I definately got the safe vibe from everyone, and although I love the Lore, I couldnt stay cooped up in Candlekeep if I knew all this other stuff was out there!!! I would like to think that if I met a lone goblin on the road that I would at least stand a chance! Now I would probably change my tone completely once a dragon flew overhead!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000