Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Lost Tales of Myth Drannor
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Matrix Sorcica
Seeker

Denmark
89 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2017 :  09:17:11  Show Profile Send Matrix Sorcica a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
There will be an adventure compilation and an update on 5E Myth Drannor forthcoming:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?4373-Lost-Tales-of-Myth-Drannor-DDAL-s-Secret-D-D-Book-For-Gen-Con-50#.WZP_NFWrRaQ

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2017 :  09:50:13  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great news!!!

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2017 :  12:05:53  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Exciting! They've been teasing this on Twitter for a while now and I've been sceptical, but that back cover makes it sound quite promising.

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2017 :  12:17:06  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really looking forward to this! It sounds like the most realistic way of getting it will be via the DMs' guild, right?
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2017 :  13:05:50  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this going to be like Xanathars Guide to everything where the adventure is actually set in Nerath on Krynn, or will it be set in Myth Drannor

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2017 :  13:09:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Is this going to be like Xanathars Guide to everything where the adventure is actually set in Nerath on Krynn, or will it be set in Myth Drannor

Perhaps you could click on the link and read the back cover blurb for yourself?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2017 :  14:32:53  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks interesting.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2017 :  15:25:39  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Perhaps you could click on the link and read the back cover blurb for yourself?

That was what my jaded little heart thought at first, then I did what our lovable Furry One said. Looks interesting.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2017 :  15:49:20  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If only we could get an Undermountain Adventure. The Curse of Halaster's Hall's!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2017 :  16:03:26  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm both excited and a little terrified by this product. Alright, more then just "a little"; If anyone gets their hands on a copy at gencon, I would love to discuss any lore updates regarding the Elves.

Professional illustrator and comic book artist.
Portfolio
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2017 :  18:17:20  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really hope Fflar and Ilsevele Miritar are still running things.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2017 :  22:17:02  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

I really hope Fflar and Ilsevele Miritar are still running things.

The latest I know is that they went to Semberholme with the other elven refugees. Evereska has also seen an influx of elven survivors from Myth Drannor.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2017 :  02:37:00  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awww, it seems like the actually hardback BOOK product is a GenCon 2017 exclusive. I would have liked to have the hardback book if they sold it. But I'm sure it will eventually arrive on DM's Guild as a bunch of digital electrons at a low price.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2017 :  12:19:29  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Intrigued. Good to see it will be available as a PDF, but hopefully that won't mean its still full price. I'm still a fan of buying the actual books.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Taleras
Seeker

75 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2017 :  14:21:16  Show Profile Send Taleras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are these kind of texts fun to read? I love learning about history and lore even if it isn't in novel format. I unfortunately don't have anyone to play with where I live, but would also love to be caught up on lore and such when I am able to find some folks to play with. Wondering if I should look into purchasing some books like these.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2017 :  19:14:28  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Taleras

Are these kind of texts fun to read? I love learning about history and lore even if it isn't in novel format. I unfortunately don't have anyone to play with where I live, but would also love to be caught up on lore and such when I am able to find some folks to play with. Wondering if I should look into purchasing some books like these.

I will be sourcebooks (like campaign guides) for lore purposes, as I don't really play, either. I am interested in what lore this book has to offer, but if it is mostly adventure stuff, it probably won't be of much use to me.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2017 :  21:02:20  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

quote:
Originally posted by Taleras

I will be sourcebooks (like campaign guides) for lore purposes, as I don't really play, either. I am interested in what lore this book has to offer, but if it is mostly adventure stuff, it probably won't be of much use to me.

ditto.. Lore heavy, adventure itself light. I can adapt the hundreds of dungeon magazine modules I have. I'm more interested to see what they're vision of the area is than nitpicking about room 31a that's filled with giant rats and hidden in their excrement is a sword +1 and 15 copper pieces.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2017 :  21:57:02  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
^This. I would really like updates on what is going on with MD, and the elven refugees who fled from there. We know they have gone to other elven settlements, but...now what?

Go to Top of Page

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2017 :  00:39:11  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

^This. I would really like updates on what is going on with MD, and the elven refugees who fled from there. We know they have gone to other elven settlements, but...now what?

That can be one deep rabbit hole

Professional illustrator and comic book artist.
Portfolio
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2017 :  00:58:18  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know, but it would give us an idea, and a better understanding of the "state" of MD, and the elves.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2017 :  02:53:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moonbeast

Awww, it seems like the actually hardback BOOK product is a GenCon 2017 exclusive. I would have liked to have the hardback book if they sold it. But I'm sure it will eventually arrive on DM's Guild as a bunch of digital electrons at a low price.

It wasn't even a hardback. There were a couple of copies present at the Candlekeep seminar, and it was obviously a soft cover.

Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2017 :  05:03:45  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess there is still no DM's Guild release date, right?

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2017 :  05:16:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

I guess there is still no DM's Guild release date, right?

Nothing I've seen, though I almost never go to the Wizards site anymore, and I could have easily missed an announcement.

I do see the book on eBay from time to time, but it's usually being sold for $200 or more. Even if I had that much laying around, begging to be spent on something frivolous, I don't think I'd be willing to drop that much on a single book.

Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2017 :  05:38:42  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Wooly. I guess I will be wondering about what happened to the elves of Myth Drannor for a little bit longer... (because that is the only thing that I want from this book )

Go to Top of Page

Matrix Sorcica
Seeker

Denmark
89 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2017 :  10:36:11  Show Profile Send Matrix Sorcica a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The surviving Elves retrested to Semberholme and sends expeditions into the ruined city. Ilsevele has not given up on the dream that was Cormanthor and needs help forcing out goblins, dragons, demons and worse from the lands.
The Mythal is broken and magic in the area has become unstable.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2017 :  00:44:20  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix Sorcica

The surviving Elves retrested to Semberholme and sends expeditions into the ruined city. Ilsevele has not given up on the dream that was Cormanthor and needs help forcing out goblins, dragons, demons and worse from the lands.
The Mythal is broken and magic in the area has become unstable.

Is that what Lost Tales says? I knew about the elves being refugees in Semberholme and Evereska, but I didn't know about Ilsevele abandoning the dream.

Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2017 :  01:23:46  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, Matrix said Ilsevele didn't abandon the dream....
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2017 :  01:32:50  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oops! I misread the comment ^^;

Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2017 :  03:03:15  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Matrix. Is good to know that they left the potential for players to help Ilse to rebuild Myth Drannor, for those who didn't like the "old elven city as an evil dungeon because civilization is just for the superior homosapiens" approach.

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 09 Dec 2017 03:03:52
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2017 :  13:17:40  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do we reconcile the statement in this product that Myth Drannor has been "utterly destroyed" with Ed's comments regarding the Tree of Souls and how it was saved from the fall of Thultanthar ... ?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2017 :  14:14:17  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

How do we reconcile the statement in this product that Myth Drannor has been "utterly destroyed" with Ed's comments regarding the Tree of Souls and how it was saved from the fall of Thultanthar ... ?

-- George Krashos

Dont. For the last 2 editions a conscious decision was made to ignore (and indeed wipe away) all previous lore. As a result you cannot hope to reconcile "lore" produced with such a design philosophy.

But im just negative.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site