Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 I can't figure out which novel this is from
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mastermustard
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2017 :  05:49:38  Show Profile Send mastermustard a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm trying to recall the name of a novel or short story that I read in mid-4th edition. The only details that I can recall at the moment are that the story involved a hag (a night hag, I believe) who was posing as a female clerk or attendant in some kind of shop, and that the shop owner was aware of the hag's identity.

Not much to go on, but I figured a hag posing as a beautiful shop clerk was odd enough that someone might remember it.

Iahn Qoyllor
Acolyte

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2017 :  12:51:39  Show Profile Send Iahn Qoyllor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds like the novel the Circle of Skulls with the Night Hag being Maranyuss and the bookshop was called Curious Pages in Waterdeep.
Go to Top of Page

mastermustard
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2017 :  13:22:16  Show Profile Send mastermustard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many thanks! I've been trying to remember the title for ages.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2017 :  20:36:45  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I swear to god I just read that as 'many anuses' LMAO

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2017 :  03:06:54  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The OP's description also sounds somewhat like Ei-Vene the Embalmer, Old Mebbeth the Midwife, and Young Marta the Seamstress - a triad of "aspects", "fragments", or "parallel lives" of the ancient Hag, Ravel Puzzlewell. Each of these fine ladies offers the Nameless hero of Planescape: Torment their goods and services and favours ... for a price.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000