Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Mike Schley's hi-res Moonshae Isles map for 4e
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2017 :  11:27:21  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just a heads up all,

Famed D&D cartographer Mike Schley just added his hi-res map of the Moonshae Isles region just several days ago. It's the officially published 4e version of the Moonshaes. It's a nice $2 download, link below.

I'm a 5th Edition DM personally, so I don't have much use for this map, but I'm sure there are still some 4e holdouts here.

Mike Schley's maps website here:
http://prints.mikeschley.com/p923843744

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2017 :  14:11:41  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've always wanted to run a Moonshae Isles adventure and there's actually a bit of stuff in 4e to do it too.
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2017 :  00:42:35  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did much change in the Moonshaes between 4th and 5th? I was under the impression that this map was still pretty accurate.

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2017 :  06:13:09  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KanzenAU

Did much change in the Moonshaes between 4th and 5th? I was under the impression that this map was still pretty accurate.

I have Mike Schley's hi-res 5th Edition NW Faerun Map, which also includes the Moonshaes. I will try to compare the differences (if any) with this 4th Edition Moonshaes-only map, if I get the time.

In fact, he has made available (for download-purchase) two — YES TWO — official versions of the 5th Edition Faerun map. The first map is the one published for Sword Coast Adventurers Guide. The second version came several months later with the publication of the Storm King's Thunder campaign.

The latter map (for use with Storm King) is slightly more detailed (more cities, towns, and even Giant strongholds appear on the 2nd map).

I suppose the First Map is more appropriate if you dont care about the Storm King's Thunder campaign and would never want your Players to see a map which indicates like "Here be the Frost Giant Jarl's stronghold", etc.

P.S. — yes, each of Mike Schley's map purchases will also include a non-marked (untagged) map version, so the cities and sites of interest do not appear on the map

Edited by - moonbeast on 26 May 2017 06:16:51
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000