Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The early Misadventures of Curudin Ahmaquissar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

375 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2017 :  20:39:07  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The early Adventures and Misadventures of Curudin Ahmaquissar.

Evermeet, 1274 DR

The alluring female moon elf looked down at her newborn child. The two midwives exchanged concerned glances at one another as she unwrapped her child with a quick gasp. For a short second or two she could of sworn the bright blue eyes of her beautiful elven son were swirling and dancing with tiny asymmetrical star-bursts, but once she blinked her own eyes they were gone. She gave a soft laugh and looked at the midwives, who stood silent wearing worried expressions of joy on their tired faces. It was a long and complicated birth for Evelyndis Ahmaquissar.

She had thought that her troublesome labor and difficult childbirth had somehow caused her vision and senses to play tricks on her when she looked her son in the eyes, but as she continued to unwrap her child she noticed two unmistakable tattoos on either side of her sons chest. Two asymmetrical star-bursts were tattooed on his skin and glowed a faint multi-colored hue in a chaotic, ever changing pattern. She gasped aloud this time and whispered a prayer to her deity that what she was seeing now was not just a trick of the mind or the result of an extended, painful birthing. As she held her son up before her fully naked, she giggled and began to chant a simple spell. After a few moments she cradled her child again and smiled with mischief on her lips. "my precious little Mischiefmaker, you have your fathers eyes."

Evermeet, 1294 DR

In the aftermath of her spell, Queen Amlaruil looked down at the six elven youths sprawled on the floor before her. As they lay immobilized on the steps below the ancient dais located within the Royal Garden her powerful gaze fell on the one elf that now stood up tall and without fear, unlike his companions which her simple spell had captured.
“He is very young and these six elves have seen no more than 20 winters,” she thought as she looked upon the standing elf.
He confronted her gaze smiling and stood in such a comfortable manner that Amlaruil instantly questioned her decision to summon her late husband’s Moonblade, as it flashed into existence in her hand.

The moon elf felt a palpable wave of fear and adoration wash over him, but he knew that the feeling was not because of the King Sword. As Amlaruil approached him, her power and aura caused an unbearable, all-engulfing sensation of sheer ancient power that his relaxed and confident mien collapsed into turmoil. He felt an odd sensation of terrible fear coupled with unbridled love as Amlaruil came close enough to touch him with the Moonblade. Mustering all of his willpower the moon elf shook off the effects of the Queen’s innate, ancient power. Raising an index finger the young elf half-bowed and said lightly, "I am Curudin Ahmaquissar of House Ahmaquissar of Evermeet, formerly of Keltormiir and allied by blood. I present myself to you as a rogue-in-training, thief extraordinaire and follower of Erevan Ilesere."

The Queen cast a swift, powerful spell around them both with a deft motion of her wrist. "So thief," the Queen said, "have you come to steal my husbands Moonblade?"
When an instant response was not forthcoming, the look on Amlaruil’s angelic face turned to a mixture of surprise, confusion and realization, all within the blink of an eye. She raised her hand to her brow and with a swift movement reached out to touch Curudin and then fixed him with her unnerving, ancient gaze.

As Queen Amlaruil looked upon him, Curudin Ahmaquissar experienced power he had never experienced before. The Queen looked into his deep, blue eyes flecked with forest green and seemed to drink in his very soul. While taller in stature than an average elf child, he was seemingly unaffected by her powerful aura; an aura which had compelled lords, kings and generals alike to bow before her in an instant. Amlaruil looked deeper into the soul of this dauntless elf child and found nothing but laughter and trickery and his wry smile deepened, the more she pressed her spell. The Moonblade of Zaor remained quiescent in her grasp and as her spell delved deeper, she understood that this Curudin Ahmaquissar allowed her to spell-probe him without resistance or complaint.
Her puzzlement showing, Amlaruil repeated her question. "Did you come for my husband’s Moonblade?”
The response was as swift as it was unexpected. "No my lady ... my Queen. I have actually come for you."

With a mere thought, Queen Amlaruil cast a Time Stop Spell and raised her eyebrow in anticipation. The world seemed to stop all around her, but she moved with the grace and speed of a demi-god. Curudin appeared transfixed in time before her, but with clever eyes, followed her every movement. For a moment or two, the Queen was aware of this and was taken aback. For the next 4 rounds, Amlaruil cast several augury spells asking the Selderine for advice and wisdom. Not a single deity seemed to answer her multiple prayers. However, right as the Time Stop Spell was about to end, she received an unexpected response to her augury. It was but a faint laugh at first. Subtle, unthreatening, yet commanding. Before the spell ended, the Queen, who both wise and old enough, knew she had heard that enchanting revelry in her youth. It was the laughter of Ereven Ilesere and she now understood that Curudin of House Ahmaquissar was Trickster Touched.

Faerun, In the Ruins beneath Elvenport, 1374 DR.

Curudin stepped aside with preternatural grace and agility beyond that of an elf his age. The clawed hand of the Glabrezu smashed into the solid wall which was just above Curudin’s head. As he rolled off to his right, he came up to his feet with a sword in either hand. Quickly mouthing the words to a powerful spell in his mind, he stabbed the Giant beast in the ribs with his Shortsword, as he skewered the massive chest of the Hulking terror with his powerful Longsword. Both left hand and right hand working in unison to destroy the Horror in front of him and his companions. The Glabrezu, a four-armed demon with pinchers that crush stone and magic that destroys the soul and spirit of all mortals, lashed out one final time at the Divine thief. With sheer laughter in his voice, Curudin Ahmaquissar released his powerful spell of Banishment as his blades tore into either side of the demon. With infernal curses and promise of torment, the Glabrezu was sent back to the Abyss for a century.

Terrindill Shaelarrah winked at Curudin for his stunning win against the Glabrezu and then went back to work on the magical trap before him. If not for the demon’s defeat, they would all be dead. Terrindill, a Gold Elf of superb skill and innate gifts in the art of Shadows, smiled yet again when the other three companions came along after true battle it seemed. They were all battered and beaten as Terrindill clicked his last lock-Pick on the Magick door and it popped open with a silent swish. With grins and laughs, the ‘Rogues of The Laughing Twilight’ left the extradimensional space to touch foot back in Faerun once again. Night was fast upon them in Elvenport

(More story and fluff coming in a few hours. I promise.)

Edited by - Copper Elven Vampire on 19 May 2017 09:50:47

Swordsage
Learned Scribe

137 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  11:57:15  Show Profile  Visit Swordsage's Homepage Send Swordsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to dissuade you, because I'm enjoying your intriguing tale quite a bit, if I was your editor, I would have transformed your second entry into this:

In the aftermath of her spell, Queen Amlaruil looked down at the six elven youths sprawled on the floor before her. As they lay immobilized on the steps below the ancient dais located within the Royal Garden her powerful gaze fell on the one elf that now stood up tall and without fear, unlike his companions which her simple spell had captured.
“He is very young and these six elves have seen no more than 20 winters,” she thought as she looked upon the standing elf.
He confronted her gaze smiling and stood in such a comfortable manner that Amlaruil instantly questioned her decision to summon her late husband’s Moonblade, as it flashed into existence in her hand.

The moon elf felt a palpable wave of fear and adoration wash over him, but he knew that the feeling was not because of the King Sword. As Amlaruil approached him, her power and aura caused an unbearable, all-engulfing sensation of sheer ancient power that his relaxed and confident mien collapsed into turmoil. He felt an odd sensation of terrible fear coupled with unbridled love as Amlaruil came close enough to touch him with the Moonblade. Mustering all of his willpower the moon elf shook off the effects of the Queen’s innate, ancient power. Raising an index finger the young elf half-bowed and said lightly, "I am Curudin Ahmaquissar of House Ahmaquissar of Evermeet, formerly of Keltormiir and allied by blood. I present myself to you as a rogue-in-training, thief extraordinaire and follower of Erevan Ilesere."

The Queen cast a swift, powerful spell around them both with a deft motion of her wrist. "So thief," the Queen said, "have you come to steal my husbands Moonblade?"
When an instant response was not forthcoming, the look on Amlaruil’s angelic face turned to a mixture of surprise, confusion and realization, all within the blink of an eye. She raised her hand to her brow and with a swift movement reached out to touch Curudin and then fixed him with her unnerving, ancient gaze.

As Queen Amlaruil looked upon him, Curudin Ahmaquissar experienced power he had never experienced before. The Queen looked into his deep, blue eyes flecked with forest green and seemed to drink in his very soul. While taller in stature than an average elf child, he was seemingly unaffected by her powerful aura; an aura which had compelled lords, kings and generals alike to bow before her in an instant. Amlaruil looked deeper into the soul of this dauntless elf child and found nothing but laughter and trickery and his wry smile deepened, the more she pressed her spell. The Moonblade of Zaor remained quiescent in her grasp and as her spell delved deeper, she understood that this Curudin Ahmaquissar allowed her to spell-probe him without resistance or complaint.
Her puzzlement showing, Amlaruil repeated her question. "Did you come for my husband’s Moonblade?”
The response was as swift as it was unexpected. "No my lady ... my Queen. I have actually come for you."

Looking forward to what comes next.

The Swordsage
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

375 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  16:56:32  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Swordsage

Not to dissuade you, because I'm enjoying your intriguing tale quite a bit, if I was your editor, I would have transformed your second entry into this:

Looking forward to what comes next.

The Swordsage

That is wonderful. I like what you did very much and I will use it with your permission. More will be coming tonight. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

375 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2017 :  05:22:35  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Updated the story with the help of Swordsage. More coming tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Amaranthae
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2017 :  05:07:39  Show Profile Send Amaranthae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about this?

Evermeet, 1274 DR

Evelyndis Ahmaquissar, a beautiful and alluring female moon elf, looked down upon her newborn child. The two midwives exchanged concerned glances at one another as she unwrapped her child and gave a quick and silent gasp. For a second or two, the mother could have sworn the bright blue eyes of her beautiful elven son were swirling with what seemed to be tiny asymmetrical star-bursts. She blinked her eyes however and the whirling glimmer within his eyes was gone and she gave a soft laugh. She then glanced over at her midwives, whose tired faces showed both joy and concern, remained silent by her side. It was a long and complicated birth for Evelyndis Ahmaquissar.

Evelyndis thought her troublesome labor and difficult childbirth might somehow have caused her vision and senses to play tricks on her when she looked her son in the eyes. As she continued to unwrap her child from his blankets, she noticed two unmistakable and distinct birthmarks on either side of her newborn's chest. Two asymmetrical starbursts seemed to dance in a chaotic ever-changing pattern and glowed a faint multicolored hue. She gasped aloud this time and whispered a prayer to her deity that what she was seeing was not just an illusion. As she held her naked son up before her, she giggled and began to chant a simple spell. After a few moments, she cradled the child in her arms again and smiled with mischief upon her lips. "My precious little Mischiefmaker. You have your father's eyes."

Evermeet, 1294 DR

In the aftermath of her spell, Queen Amlaruil looked down at the elven youths that lay sprawled out on the floor before her. They were immobilized on the steps below one of the ancient dais, which was in a chamber directly below the Royal Garden. However, the Queens powerful gaze fell upon one of the elven youths who was tall and stood without fear in his posture, unlike his five companions, that lay paralyzed from her spell. He was young and the six elves had seen no more than 20 winters, she thought to herself. He confronted her gaze and stood smiling in such a comfortable manner, that Amlaruil began to second guess her decision to summon her late husband's sword, the Ruling Moonblade, into her hand.

The young moon elf felt a palpable wave of fear and adoration wash over him. He knew it wasn't because of the King’s Sword, but the unmistakable aura of the Queen’s power. As Amlaruil approached him, her power and aura caused an unbearable, all-engulfing sensation of sheer ancient power that made his relaxed and confident appearance collapse into turmoil. He felt an odd sensation of dreadful fear coupled with unbridled adoration as the Queen came close enough to touch him with the Moonblade.

Mustering his willpower together, the young, tall and handsome moon elf shook off the effects of the Queen’s innate ancient power. Raising only an index finger, he half-bowed and said lightly, "I am Curudin Ahmaquissar of House Ahmaquissar of Evermeet, formerly of Keltormiir and allied by blood. I present myself to you a rogue-in-training, thief extraordinaire and follower of Erevan Ilesere.” The Queen then began to cast a swift and powerful fey spell around them both with a swift motion of her wrist. "So, thief," the Queen said, " have you come to steal my husband’s Moonblade?" When an instant response was not forthcoming, the look on Amlaruil’s angelic face turned to a mixture of disbelief and confusion. Without any hesitation, the Queen raised her hand to her brow and with a swift movement, reached out to touch Curudin’s face and fixed him with an unnerving and ancient gaze.

As she looked upon him, Curudin Ahmaquissar experienced a power he had never felt before. The Queen gazed into his deep blue eyes that were flecked with forest green. While taller in stature than the average elf child, he was seemingly unaffected by her powerful aura; an aura which had compelled lords, kings and generals alike to bow before her in an instant and without hesitation. Amlaruil looked deeper into the soul of this dauntless elf child and found nothing but amusement and trickery within his wry smile that seemed to only deepen, the more she pressed her spell. The King’s Moonblade remained idle and as her spell delved deeper, she understood that Curudin was allowing her spell to probe him without resistance or complaint. Her puzzlement showing, Amlaruil repeated her question. "Did you come for my husband’s Moonblade?” The response was as swift as it was unexpected. "No, my lady ... my Queen. I have come for you.

With a mere thought, Queen Amlaruil cast a Time Stop Spell and raised her eyebrow in anticipation. The world seemed to stop all around her, but she moved with the grace and speed of a demi god. Curudin appeared transfixed in time before her, but with clever eyes, followed her every movement. For a moment or two, the Queen was aware of this and was taken aback. For the next 4 rounds, Amlaruil cast several augury spells asking the Selderine for advice and wisdom. Not a single deity seemed to answer her multiple prayers. However, right as the Time Stop Spell was about to end, she received an unexpected response to her augury. It was but a faint laugh at first. Subtle, unthreatening, yet commanding. Before the spell ended, the Queen, who both wise and old enough, knew she had heard that enchanting revelry in her youth. It was the laughter of Ereven Ilesere and she now understood that Curudin of House Ahmaquissar was Trickster Touched.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

375 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2017 :  08:43:43  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That looks great. Nice to work with you. Maybe Hasbro will notice the devotion.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

375 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2017 :  09:44:33  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Faerun, In the Ruins beneath Elvenport, 1374 DR.

Curudin stepped aside with preternatural grace and agility beyond that of an elf his age. The clawed hand of the Glabrezu smashed into the solid wall which was just above Curudin’s head. As he rolled off to his right, he came up to his feet with a sword in either hand. Quickly mouthing the words to a powerful spell in his mind, he stabbed the Giant beast in the ribs with his Shortsword, as he skewered the massive chest of the Hulking terror with his powerful Longsword. Both left hand and right hand working in unison to destroy the Horror in front of him and his companions. The Glabrezu, a four-armed demon with pinchers that crush stone and magic that destroys the soul and spirit of all mortals, lashed out one final time at the Divine thief. With sheer laughter in his voice, Curudin Ahmaquissar released his powerful spell of Banishment as his blades tore into either side of the demon. With infernal curses and promise of torment, the Glabrezu was sent back to the Abyss for a century.

Terrindill Shaelarrah winked at Curudin for his stunning win against the Glabrezu and then went back to work on the magical trap before him. If not for the demon’s defeat, they would all be dead. Terrindill, a Gold Elf of superb skill and innate gifts in the art of Shadows, smiled yet again when the other three companions came along after true battle it seemed. They were all battered and beaten as Terrindill clicked his last lock-Pick on the Magick door and it popped open with a silent swish. With grins and laughs, the ‘Rogues of The Laughing Twilight’ left the extradimensional space to touch foot back in Faerun once again. Night was fast upon them in Elvenport
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

375 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2017 :  02:45:00  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any and all comments are welcome!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000