Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A Cleric's Due
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ilnevellios
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2017 :  01:37:15  Show Profile Send Ilnevellios a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello, all! I'm new here, though not new to D&D. I have a question about a Cleric, 5e.

The character is a Cleric of Kelemvor ('cause it says so on the character sheet,) but not in the usual sense. He's a swordsman and a noble that I'm playing in a swashbuckling campaign. The "Cleric of Kelemvor" comes about not because of vows or churches, but because he is blessed by Kelemvor. Being a good Faerunian, he doesn't want to offend any of the many deities. So does he owe Kelemvor exclusively, just more than the others, or not in particular because Kelemvor did the choosing (as opposed to vice versa?)

Yeesh, pantheons...

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2017 :  01:53:44  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those of the realms honor many deities, certainly not all. Being Blessed by Kelemvor means nothing, unless the character upsets the deity and becomes cursed of Kelemvor.
In part it clearly depends on your DM, however in general usage, as I understand it, your character selected deity gats the most worship.

Of course you as a player do not want your character to be given that patron deity, you can fall from worship. You also can complain to the DM about giving you a character that you did not want.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000