Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Where would you place this city
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Crater
Acolyte

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2017 :  20:17:24  Show Profile Send Crater a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure, I have been reading the background material in the sourcebooks. The purple dust is nonetheless 'faintly magical'.

quote:
I found pics of those and some related landmarks on Earth

Nice pics, a case of reality beating fantasy for great effects!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
14138 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2017 :  23:35:55  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crater

Just as an aside, is there any known history behind the name of the Liontongue River?

Found what I was looking for -

Liontongue A small settlement (hamlet turned village circa 668 DR or so) on the banks of the Liontongue River, due west of Lastarr. Known for having a small mage school (founded by Nerren Prentiyuel) for a short time before being completely destroyed. All that remained thirty years after (669 DR) was a few foundations. Secrets of the Magister, pg.48

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Crater
Acolyte

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2017 :  23:57:21  Show Profile Send Crater a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fantastic, thanks! So the village was probably named after the river, not the other way around. Does the name Liontongue have any other significance?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
14138 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2017 :  00:33:31  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not that I can recall.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000