Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Sahuagin in the Sea of Fallen Stars
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EltonRobb
Seeker

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2017 :  18:20:06  Show Profile Send EltonRobb a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I recently got my players to face a group of sahuagin near Chessenta's waters.

I know as DM, I can put sahuagin anywhere I want to, but I want to ask about specific kingdoms. I always thought of the Sea as being shallow (no more than 1,000 feet deep in most places, deeper still in a few places -- gotta place the deep drow somewhere). So any other specific kingdoms of the Sahuagin besides near mulhorandi and unther shores?

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2017 :  18:24:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd recommend the 2E sourcebook Sea of Fallen Stars. It's a personal favorite.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

EltonRobb
Seeker

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2017 :  18:41:38  Show Profile Send EltonRobb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'd recommend the 2E sourcebook Sea of Fallen Stars. It's a personal favorite.

Thank you, Wooly!
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2017 :  08:51:17  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I agree with Wooly. Sea of Fallen Stars is one of the best FR products ever. You can have endless amounts of fun with it.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2017 :  09:03:45  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EltonRobb

I recently got my players to face a group of sahuagin near Chessenta's waters.

I know as DM, I can put sahuagin anywhere I want to, but I want to ask about specific kingdoms. I always thought of the Sea as being shallow (no more than 1,000 feet deep in most places, deeper still in a few places -- gotta place the deep drow somewhere). So any other specific kingdoms of the Sahuagin besides near mulhorandi and unther shores?

As you will see from "Sea of Fallen Stars", the answer to your question is: not really. The Sharksbane Wall kept the sahuagin penned in the Unher/Mulhorand/Chessenta area. It was breached in the events of the "Threat from the Sea" novel trilogy, which gives you scope for some hidden/secret sahuagin settlements away from that area, but I don't think that there is scope to have one of them be a "kingdom". The other sea races such as the merfolk, sharlarin and tritons would never let that happen IMO. What is left is the new sahuagin kingdom of Kurrimal - the successor to Aleaxtis.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000