Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Wild Magic Areas
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Elren_Wolfsbane
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2017 :  04:01:51  Show Profile Send Elren_Wolfsbane a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, I'm wondering if there is anymore wild magic areas left in Faerun? and if so where!!????

I'm still implicating the Dead Magic Zones and the plague lands. I just need a general area where it is.

thanks

Aa' lasser en`coialle n`natula brown.

(May the leaves of your life tree never turn brown)

-Elren Wolfsbane

TBeholder
Master of Realmslore

1381 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2017 :  08:05:50  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everywhere. Assuming frequency of major spellstorm incidents is roughly constant, the new affected areas appear as much as they vanish. There were decaying mythals (and no doubt other great spell-fields) and motile "bubbles" under Ravens Bluff. Time of Troubles added the Helmlands and "bubbles" from the Guardian's Tear.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Learned Scribe

Colombia
243 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2017 :  08:42:23  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As for plaguelands, those must exists near places that once belonged to Abeir or were displaced to that world, such as Akanul (west Chessenta), Tymanther and Unther, Lantan or Halruaa, but by the current year of the 5e campaign, most of these lands have disappeared in the surface world. Maybe in the Underdark, near portals to the Far Realm (such below Neverwinter), the Spellplague has survived and thrived.

Toward the cobalt, there is a shining Earth. That is where sadness begins. All that we love is returning there...
Go to Top of Page

Elren_Wolfsbane
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2017 :  17:39:33  Show Profile Send Elren_Wolfsbane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Yeah, I saw the inner faerun (around the sea of fallen stars) was covered in plagueland areas.

Which is perfect because that's where my players are at at the moment

Aa' lasser en`coialle n`natula brown.

(May the leaves of your life tree never turn brown)

-Elren Wolfsbane
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
6166 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2017 :  03:40:16  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A big chunk of Tantras - roughly half the city - became a dead-magic zone after the Time of Troubles. 2E lore mentions that this zone seems to be a permanent "hole" in the Weave, essentially impervious to efforts by Mystra's clergy to repair it. Also an attraction for criminals, fugitives, and others interested in securing themselves or their activities from magical intrusions.

Subsequent lore mentions Tantras rarely and this dead-magic zone not at all. Is it still there circa 3E or 4E Realmslore?

Eat lots of garlic - it keeps the elves and vampires away.
Don't stick your sword into dragons, you just don't know where they've been.
Avoid stepping on halflings. They stick to your boots, will smell awful, and are impossible to scrape off.
Ah, of course. Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.
[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Learned Scribe

Colombia
243 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2017 :  03:55:42  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tantras became the capital of Vesperin in 4e. Vesperin is a new nation located in what is called The Vast, west of Impiltur. 4e sources do not mention any anti-magic zones or problems with casting in the city (or in Vesperin, for the matter), but in 4e there was no weave to begin with.

I guess that, with the new weave, that place would have been fixed.

Toward the cobalt, there is a shining Earth. That is where sadness begins. All that we love is returning there...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000