Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ultimate high-resolution map of Toril
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PattPlays
Learned Scribe

334 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2020 :  20:51:38  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That fullres is amazing! I have found almost half a dozen high res maps on these threads just in the past two months. Excellent material for cross referencing interpretations!

Now... anything on the Uppaproachable East? The Dock and that amazing mountain range is juuuust off the map's southeast corner...

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, RIP Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T
Go to Top of Page

winterwulf
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2020 :  16:19:18  Show Profile  Visit winterwulf's Homepage Send winterwulf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I loved your toril map, it is really awesome!
Would you mind to share it without labels? I mean only the land, because I would like to use in my campaign if thats ok.

quote:
Originally posted by Divinity

[quote]Originally posted by sleyvas

[quote]Originally posted by Divinity

Over the past few years, I've been making my own Faerūn map from scratch. I've posted the WIP a couple times, but not since Dec '18 or so and I've not really done too much since then. I'm paused in the process of naming of roads and rivers. What I've learned is that making a perfect map is impossible. Too many people have made creative liberties on official products for there to be a perfect map - let alone then having to figure out which city map is best used. Plus, some things simply have never been detailed. Just figuring out which side of the river a town is supposed to be on can be almost impossible. The best I've been able to do is compare all the maps I can find, and then compare that to official text, then unofficial text and talking to authors (like we can through here) and in some cases make a judgment call that seems like it makes the most sense. It can literally take an hour or more just to figure out one location sometimes and the map has been a project of hundreds and hundreds of hours. A world/continent map that included city structures and buildings would be a legendary feat if made from scratch. I can't imagine the computer RAM and patience it would take to build a map like that. Mine already has each phase made in its own file.

Here's a link to a full-scale version of my map on my Google Drive. Take into account it's still a WIP, though most of the important stuff is down, minus a legend.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Y-0Uarlbrcw9jLnKAh3fQ_JE8FYIKy_/view?usp=sharing

Edit: I updated this map with a few changes including adding a legend.

--
winterwulf
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2259 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2020 :  22:36:39  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeker Divinity,

Do you still have a copy of this?

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2259 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2020 :  22:40:02  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe PattPlays,

It sounds like you may have a copy of this still....? ;)

Any chance I could snag a copy of that from you?

Best regards as always,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2021 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000