Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Fourteen Years Without Faerūn - Help!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Valhadrion Roth
Acolyte

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  16:38:05  Show Profile Send Valhadrion Roth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Good Evening Scribes,

In a world filled with individuals that cannot enjoy themselves unless the screen before them provides 1080p of instant reward, it's strange coming back into this plane of existence. The time has come however, that I have persuaded my wife and son to give up the life of electronic entertainment and give my world a try for a change.

I've pulled out my old rule books and the only adventure modules that were stored in my attic, don't laugh, 2nd Edition "Sword of the Dales Trilogy."

Yes, the one I picked up in 1997...

I'm seriously considering picking up the 5th Edition Starter Set available on Amazon and giving it a fresh start, I haven't played since 2nd edition, and I'm wondering if anyone has strong opinions for or against swapping to the new ruleset. It's apparently more streamlined, and focuses more on the story and less on taking three hours for a two minute fight.

Second point, for 2nd Edition I used the Core Rules Software does anyone know if there's any such software available for 5th Edition allowing updating of Character Sheets and planning encounters?

Looking forward to some feedback if it's available.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom fellows.

- VR

Edited because last time I was here, I loved Book Antiqua font. I may have been using an 800x600 monitor, and well, my eyes aren't as young as they used to be...... and I can't see what I wrote!

Edited by - Valhadrion Roth on 07 Mar 2017 16:51:45

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  17:57:32  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For lorr and story you might as well stick with the 2nd edition and 3rd edition sourcebooks. You will have to use them anyway as 1491 onwards is lore lite and advocates that you use the old sourcebooks.

When it comes to rules i cant help. I hated 2nd edition for its arbitrariness. Can understand the dislike for 3.5 as it took an age for combat. Hated 4e for destroying the realms and turning a roleplaying game into a wargame. And i really dont like 5e for mixing together the bits i didnt like about all the above. I made my own rules. You can find plenty of derivatives out on the net that improve upon the bad aspects of each ruleset.

The rules dont make the realms great. The lore makes the realms great, it makes it feel alive and filled with real people and makes it believable (even though its filled with magic and monsters).

Take your favourite edition of the realms and mix it with your favourite ruleset and life cant get much better.

Incidentally i play only electronically now using email, but you can use fantasy grounds as a program to make a tabletop rpg like a computer game (well almost).

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  18:06:07  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You may even use alternate rulesets to run the Realms, if you're willing to write your own adventures. FATE is neat, easy (and free) if you want a story-focused system.

As for the setting, you might as well use the 2e sourcebooks. 5e only has the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, which paints the current state of the Realms in *very* broad strokes. 5e/1491 FR is the culmination of a metaplot filled with a stream of catastrophes, gods dying left and right and then coming back, and a 100 years timejump, with *a lot* of those changes being later rebooted in 5e (through an in-universe event called the Sundering) to try to recapture the 1e/2e feeling of the Realms, but set 100 years later.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  18:37:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw some very, very strong opinions on the 4E rules when they came out. The 5E rules have had a much more laid back reaction, but what I've seen has been generally positive. I've heard some complaints, of course, but nothing approaching the sheer vitriol on both sides of the 4E debate.

I've looked at the rules, in passing, and had no issues with what I saw.

I'll also note that the Starter Set has an FR adventure in it -- I got the set for that alone. It also included some dice, and much to my surprise, they weren't the generic, boring ones -- it was actually a set I'd bought for myself and used a lot to play 2E.

I myself am playing Pathfinder right now. It's a very worthy successor to 3E/3.5E, which I considered a welcome upgrade from the 2E rules.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Valhadrion Roth
Acolyte

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  18:53:27  Show Profile Send Valhadrion Roth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good replies so far folks, thank you.

The appeal of the 5th Edition is that it looks quite a lot easier than the 2nd Edition basic rule set. Particularly like, if I'm to read this right, that THAC0 has been abolished in exchange for a pretty basic AC/DC (Yeeaaaaaah!) roll, it seems to put a lot more effort into a sort of "Here's the basics, the rest is yours to create" which I like also.

I'm playing with my partner, who has grasped the concept very well and with our son who isn't picking it up quite as quickly. The set with the 'simplest' system would be ideal - if this makes sense.

For brand new, shiny, untainted players I'm personally thinking 5 seems to be the best approach. Fresh start and all that.

As with W.R. I've come across very few negatives about 5e, but it's always a laugh to read people's opinions on 3.5 and 4.0.

Thinking of picking up the 5th Ed books in the next week or so to give them a look over.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  21:42:02  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As someone who's played AD&D 2e through 5e I can say that while mechanically it resembles something of an amalgam of 3e and 4e mashed together the "spirit" for lack of a better word resembles more of 2e in that it professes a whole notion of "rulings over rules." Now this notion can be just as prevalent in other editions but it's expressively spelled out in 5e.

It's streamlined in that there aren't a lot of (what a designer called) "fiddly bits". From 3e and 4e there were LOADS of minutia in terms of bonuses and penalties that could be applied to any single roll (moreso in 3e than 4e) that mad math a pain in the butt while playing and remembering. THACO is gone, replaced with the Proficiency Bonus system that scales at the same level for everyone and goes from +2 at 1st level to +6 at 20th. Part of this reason was to keep modifiers and numbers overall waay down, unlike 3e or 4e where stats could achieve the 30's and 40's by mid-character range.

Couple of other aspects are that the classes are generally balanced. It's not as homogenized as 4e's system (unfortunately) but it's not nearly as broken as 3e's system. Not to mention there's a lot of flexibility with the system in terms of what you, as a DM, want to accomplish with the ruleset. Don't like Feats or want to introduce them later on in the campaign? Totally possible! Want to add alignment requirements? Easily done. Don't want to have a lot of magical items? The game is based off that ideology.

Not to mention that there's a lot of customization at the character creation process too. I mean every class has multiple arch-types to follow that better define the style the player wants. For example some people really like the simplicity of playing a Fighter. They roll in, swing for the fences, and deal damage - Done. Others, however, like a more tactical Fighter who uses maneuvers and calculates attacks with allies - also easily Done.

Lastly I think 5e is a pretty great system to introduce new players to. Character creation is a pretty easy, straightforward process (even though I hate that backgrounds are later in the PHB) and simple starting out. It takes me a solid 10 minutes to make one, and that's if I'm playing a spellcaster who has to pick their spells.

Noticeable differences:
• magic is a lot more common in terms of spellcasters. At-will magic is a prevalent factor in the campaign and we're not taking simple cantrips eithers.

• alignment-based restrictions are not enforced. Yes you can easily have non-LG Paladins and Evil Rangers. Can it be enforced at individual tables? Absolutely but there are not rules to govern things like "falling".

• general competency is higher starting out. I remember seeing wizards in 2e AD&D with 1 spell and 3 HP and basically being told "run, hide, and cast your 1 spell at the best time possible". Not so with 5e as you have more spells and are considered a competent adventurer overall.

• No restrictions based on race or class. You can have Elven Paladins of Corellon, Dwarven wizards, etc.

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  21:48:12  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you are exposing newcomers to D&D for the first time then I would recommend sticking with whatever edition you are most comfortable with. They will probably be a little confused anyway, more so if you are learning a new rule set as well.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2017 :  21:43:18  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you last played 2e, then 5e rules is a good place to re-start now. Its reminiscent of older editions, wherein the DM had more control (because there wasn't a rule for every last thing).

And most of all, its just fun to play. It doesn't require an engineering degree in 'character builds' the way 3e did (a great ruleset for min-maxing players, not so much for DMs, who had 10 times the workload and none of the power they used to have). And it doesn't require 5 hrs to slog through combat (leaving little time for anything else) the way 4e did. So more 'free time' then 3e, and more 'play time' then 4e, like how I remember D&D being back when no-one really cared about rules.

AS for the setting, thats a tough one. Although I still love the idea of running smething in the 'lost century' (between 3e and 4e), I've run one game in the 5e Realms and it was fun (so maybe I won't go so far as to say I've 'embraced it', but I have accepted it... for what it is). And because most newer canon either contradicts itself (or older editions, especially 4e), or there is no 'new canon' to be had about something, you don't have the... ummmm... impetus? To even bother trying to 'stick to canon' anymore. Its kinda pointless, when the guys making the official content aren't bothering. So play 5e rules, and call it whatever year you want, and use gaming material from any era/edition... BUT JUST HAVE FUN.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2017 :  01:56:17  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also I think it's important to add how easy it is to convert older TSR adventures to 5e, especially with the one wizards article they put out on conversions. Looking through my U1 - Sinister Secrets of Saltmarsh adventure I have to change very little. The monsters can just be grabbed out of the Monster manual or converted using the guide. NPCs and humanoid enemies have their stats, which is 95% the difficulty of conversion then just add in a few features and done.

Edited by - Diffan on 09 Mar 2017 21:09:03
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2017 :  20:27:35  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I never got the whole 'conversion thing' in regards to adventures by edition, and even more-so by world. I've taken adventures set in other places and other editions and ran them as-is, right our of the book, on the fly, with no problem. Monsters, as you said, come right out of the manual, fighters fight, and whats the ebil wizard gonna do? Cast fireball and Magic Missile? I would imagine only with 4e you'd have problem (not using a 4e adventure, but rather, trying to run 4e using a different edition... but I could be wrong). Stats are stats - attributes are the one thing that hasn't really changed (other than the 18 strength thing, and now we can go 'beyond 18').

I've been looking through a bunch of old Dungeon magazines, and thinking about ways of updating them to 5e - there are some real gems in those, and its a damn shame no-one is using them anymore.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 09 Mar 2017 20:28:51
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2017 :  21:07:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of conversions... I recently dug up the stats for one of my fave characters in 2E. I believe his stats were generated using 4d6, drop the lowest, and it may have been rolled 8 times, pick what you like. My old group favored that method, though it wasn't always used.

My new group generally goes with 25 point build. I even built a spreadsheet to make it easier to do that -- it does all the math, shows the modifiers, everything (admittedly, most of how it was done I had to look up online. I'm not an Excel guru). I plugged those 2E stats into the 25 point build sheet... And it would have taken a 45 point build to match those stats!

My old group, we were not power-gamers or min-maxers or anything like that, so those numbers surprised me!

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2017 :  21:19:24  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Yeah, I never got the whole 'conversion thing' in regards to adventures by edition, and even more-so by world. I've taken adventures set in other places and other editions and ran them as-is, right our of the book, on the fly, with no problem. Monsters, as you said, come right out of the manual, fighters fight, and whats the ebil wizard gonna do? Cast fireball and Magic Missile? I would imagine only with 4e you'd have problem (not using a 4e adventure, but rather, trying to run 4e using a different edition... but I could be wrong). Stats are stats - attributes are the one thing that hasn't really changed (other than the 18 strength thing, and now we can go 'beyond 18').

It helps when most of the stats are in the same range, as they are across the board except 4e. For example some of the low-level NPCs and villains in U1 have stats like: Str 11, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 8, Cha 12 etc. which, while not amazing, is still in the ballpark for most other editions. In 4e, this person would be terribly underpowered and you'd have to bump up a stat or two in addition to giving them more than just the usual (dagger +4, damage 1d4+2) attack lines. That's sort of the beauty and curse of 4e though, making intriguing monsters that do stuff more than "I stand there and swing" but it takes time.

quote:

I've been looking through a bunch of old Dungeon magazines, and thinking about ways of updating them to 5e - there are some real gems in those, and its a damn shame no-one is using them anymore.

Same here. Which brought me to the U1 - U2 - U3 adventure set, which sounded like a lot of fun to run my group through. Even though it's for AD&D 1st edition, 5e leans a lot towards making things up on the fly in terms of appropriate modifiers and mechanics so it's simplicity makes running older stuff easier.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2017 :  21:23:36  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Speaking of conversions... I recently dug up the stats for one of my fave characters in 2E. I believe his stats were generated using 4d6, drop the lowest, and it may have been rolled 8 times, pick what you like. My old group favored that method, though it wasn't always used.

My new group generally goes with 25 point build. I even built a spreadsheet to make it easier to do that -- it does all the math, shows the modifiers, everything (admittedly, most of how it was done I had to look up online. I'm not an Excel guru). I plugged those 2E stats into the 25 point build sheet... And it would have taken a 45 point build to match those stats!

My old group, we were not power-gamers or min-maxers or anything like that, so those numbers surprised me!

Yeah, rolling is usually always better than point-buy. We normally do 4d6, drop the lowest and roll 7 times. We also allow you to roll multiple sets but you can't swap numbers between the two. We only do point-buy if we're in a hurry, continually get bad numbers in a set, or if I ask to make the character prior to starting the session.

Edited by - Diffan on 09 Mar 2017 21:24:05
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2017 :  21:32:01  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Valhadrion Roth if you're still unsure whether or not to get into 5th edition, might I suggest trying out the system for free. Below are a list of links that can get you started:

5th Edition System Reference Document has a quick references for anything in the Basic rules.
Basic Rules These are the basic rules They have options for both Players and DMs including most of the basic and iconic monsters and the standard classes: Cleric, Rogue, Fighter, and Wizard and standard races: Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Halfling.
Characters Sheets and pre-generated heroes has I believe two version of the character sheet to print out in addition to a bunch of pre-gens so you can just assign (or let the players pick) characters and go.

Hope this helps.

Edited by - Diffan on 09 Mar 2017 21:32:55
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2017 :  03:18:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

quote:

Yeah, rolling is usually always better than point-buy. We normally do 4d6, drop the lowest and roll 7 times. We also allow you to roll multiple sets but you can't swap numbers between the two. We only do point-buy if we're in a hurry, continually get bad numbers in a set, or if I ask to make the character prior to starting the session.

I haven't been dissatisfied with point-buy, though there is the inevitable "if I had one or two more points..." with every character... My latest character, I came up with three different sets of stats for him before I settled on one of them.

Point-buy has two advantages: You can do it beforehand, and everyone starts at the same point. That said, I do like rolling for characters, and even have 2 pairs of d6s that are used exclusively for rolling characters. And usually, they are very, very good to me.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2017 :  03:45:23  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Point-buy has two advantages: You can do it beforehand, and everyone starts at the same point. That said, I do like rolling for characters, and even have 2 pairs of d6s that are used exclusively for rolling characters. And usually, they are very, very good to me.
I need to get me some new dice.

The other day my sons and I played Above and Below - an impulse-buy we picked up at a game store that I recommend - and I rolled almost all one's throughout the game. After the third or fourth one (in a row) it was no longer funny. After the seventh one (in a row!) I was getting very angry. I actually thought the dice were 'broken'. My youngest son was having a similar problem, but not quite as bad as me (he only rolled 4 one's in a row). Everyone else was rolling fine. The game came with 6 black D6, and I tried them all, and I rolled one's repeatedly on all of them. Except for that horrific bit of luck, though, it was a very fun game. It's a weird hybrid - almost feels like a computer 'city builder', but then you can explore stuff and it comes with an adventure booklet, so it has some RPG elements.

But I can't remember EVER rolling that bad - I think the 'dice gods' are still mad at me for melting all of mine.

Edited by - Markustay on 10 Mar 2017 16:41:26
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2017 :  04:52:24  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our last D&D session was really swingy when it came to my dice rolls. It was in an, as Wooley calls, Eber-whatsit campaign and I was playing a Wizard but missed most of my stealth checks, Arcane checks, and Perception checks. But I rolled well for my spells and summons, which I thought was weird. The dice gods are fickle indeed

Edited by - Diffan on 10 Mar 2017 10:33:48
Go to Top of Page

Valhadrion Roth
Acolyte

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2017 :  09:26:26  Show Profile Send Valhadrion Roth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some brilliant feedback here folks.

I've read every one of your comments, and downloaded, and printed the books that Diffan linked - thank you - and having read through them I think we're going to make a start using the 5th Ed. It looks relatively simple to convert our existing adventure modules over to this, meaning I can start the group off with the Sword of the Dales story line to get them into the system, which I know the full story of already having run it before. So it should run a little smoother. Spent a couple of days making help sheets for us all and reading the rules front to back, editing what I don't want, and so on.

I'm not particularly worrying about Canon, because I've always played my games with an enclosed group of people who have no experience outside of my world - meaning that anything we do or anything that happens in our world isn't overly impacted by anyone else... To that end I have an A1 printed map of Faerun - I'm not entirely sure what time zone it's from but we're going to work on it. Either way, wife has agreed it'd look good on the wall in the centre of our lounge. Damn I love living with people with the same interests.

We're running with a Fighter and a Rogue combo. Player's choices, should be interesting, though they're fully aware the lack of healing facilities means they have to take it carefully. I've been kind and given them a couple of extra-healing potions, and may end up running a character myself to cover their behinds!

Tonight will be the first run of our game, I'll let you know how it goes!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2017 :  10:03:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I need to get me some new dice.

The other day my sons and I played Above and Below - an impulse-buy we picked up at a game store that I recommend - and I rolled almost all one's throughout the game. After the thrid of fourth one (in a row) it was no longer funny. After the seventh one (in a row!) I was getting very angry. I actually thought the dice were 'broken'. My youngest son was having a similar problem, but not quite as bad as me (he only rolled 4 one's in a row). Everyone else was rolling fine. The game came with 6 black D6, and I tried them all, and I rolled one's repeatedly on all of them. Except for that horrific bit of luck, though, it was a very fun game. It's a weird hybrid - almost feels like a computer 'city builder', but then you can explore stuff and it comes with an adventure booklet, so it has some RPG elements.

But I can't remember EVER rolling that bad - I think the 'dice gods' are still mad at me for melting all of mine.

I once rolled three 1s on a roll of 3d6, in a game of Warmachine. Incredulous, I took a second shot -- and did it again!

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2017 :  16:48:18  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At the NEC in birmingham at a gamimg conevntion in the 90s i once i had a chance to win a full necromumda and gamesworkshop set if i could roll 5 20s in a row. I got 4 in a row and was well gutted. I also came in 2nd place in the necromunda tournament. It was a day of being 2nd best.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

farinal
Learned Scribe

Turkey
270 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2017 :  14:00:04  Show Profile Send farinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely 5E is the best way to introduce someone to D&D. Go with the 5E ruleset with old Forgotten Realms lorebooks for the story.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2017 :  14:05:44  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valhadrion Roth

Some brilliant feedback here folks.

I've read every one of your comments, and downloaded, and printed the books that Diffan linked - thank you - and having read through them I think we're going to make a start using the 5th Ed. It looks relatively simple to convert our existing adventure modules over to this, meaning I can start the group off with the Sword of the Dales story line to get them into the system, which I know the full story of already having run it before. So it should run a little smoother. Spent a couple of days making help sheets for us all and reading the rules front to back, editing what I don't want, and so on.

I'm not particularly worrying about Canon, because I've always played my games with an enclosed group of people who have no experience outside of my world - meaning that anything we do or anything that happens in our world isn't overly impacted by anyone else... To that end I have an A1 printed map of Faerun - I'm not entirely sure what time zone it's from but we're going to work on it. Either way, wife has agreed it'd look good on the wall in the centre of our lounge. Damn I love living with people with the same interests.

We're running with a Fighter and a Rogue combo. Player's choices, should be interesting, though they're fully aware the lack of healing facilities means they have to take it carefully. I've been kind and given them a couple of extra-healing potions, and may end up running a character myself to cover their behinds!

Tonight will be the first run of our game, I'll let you know how it goes!

Hope your game was fun. Don't forget that everyone can use their Hit Die for healing for some extra HPs in a pinch and a Fighter gets Second Wind (another 1d10 + Fighter level) which helps immensely in games with no cleric or dedicated healer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000