Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 5e Game Year
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nyx_Necrodragon
Acolyte

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2017 :  01:03:50  Show Profile Send Nyx_Necrodragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all sorry if this seems like a dumb question but in terms of game year where are we on the calendar? Since Storm Kings Thunder is the most recent story/campaign to come out what year is it set?

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2017 :  04:08:00  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They purposefully don't give a date in STK to allow DMs to put it where they want, giving a range of about 10 years. However, the novel Death Masks is set at the same time, and is set in Mirtul of 1491 DR, if my memory serves me correctly. The year I'm positive on, the month slightly less so.

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2020 :  08:38:01  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Nyx_Necrodragon,

Sadly, this is the reality for 5e. They are nerfing consistency and lore to lower costs, lower barriers to enter for new players, and make it easier to produce products in general.

In other words: all about them, and we get the left overs.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Nyx_Necrodragon

Hi all sorry if this seems like a dumb question but in terms of game year where are we on the calendar? Since Storm Kings Thunder is the most recent story/campaign to come out what year is it set?

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

neutrondecay
Acolyte

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2020 :  13:26:46  Show Profile Send neutrondecay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Acolyte Nyx_Necrodragon,

Sadly, this is the reality for 5e. They are nerfing consistency and lore to lower costs, lower barriers to enter for new players, and make it easier to produce products in general.

Best regards,

quote:

Why are you reviving so many old threads?

nd

(I'm new here, and was avidly reading all the recently updated threads for new tidbits of Realmslore, and found a lot of these instead...)
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2020 :  14:02:32  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Chosen of Deneir cannot help himself. I have been enjoying the scroll necromancy myself. Lot's of good Realmslore nuggets. The rearranging of all these old dusty scroll has gotten my allergies up in a dander!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 03 Mar 2020 14:02:57
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2020 :  15:50:56  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte neutrondecay,

My sincere apologies for the frustration my zeal for mostly pre-Spellplague material has caused. Most of my focus is on (thought not all as you may have noticed with some of my responses to some 4e/5e topics) 3.5 Realms and earlier, back to 1e. I've been focusing on that due to my interest, but as well, for others due to the interest that we share in the material such as with Great Reader Brimstone.

By the way, I responded to your inquiry about noble names and titles. I realize it isn't fully where you want to go with it, but I'm hoping it moves you in that direction! :)

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by neutrondecay

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Acolyte Nyx_Necrodragon,

Best regards,

quote:

Why are you reviving so many old threads?

nd

(I'm new here, and was avidly reading all the recently updated threads for new tidbits of Realmslore, and found a lot of these instead...)

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000