Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Onder Librum FR adventure creation call
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2017 :  22:38:16  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just calling for ideas right now, but with a chance to work directly with Ed it's pretty exciting...

http://realms.theedgreenwoodgroup.com/rpga-pitch-ormpur/

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2017 :  18:15:19  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice! Thanks for the heads-up.

Shall I assume we're in the 5e timeframe -- i.e., there is nothing current published about this area?
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2017 :  18:55:53  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apart from Eds latest novel on the DMs Guild.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2017 :  20:33:54  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woops! My lack of attention recently is showing. I shall go hunting.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2017 :  20:40:45  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The DMs Guild is not great at showcasing its best content. So make sure you tell everyone about the good ones

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2017 :  23:46:27  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ormpur huh? I wish it was an area I actually knew or cared about.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  02:26:38  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just recently (within the last year) remapped that area, as part of my 'Shaareach' map. I've been meaning to finish an update to that and repost it. Oh well.

Not really interested in the region itself - I was only 'there' to place the Elsir Vale material in the Realms (which I no longer care about, since I decided to do a 'full conversion' and move it all WAY north). Seeing this, though, makes me want to see where I was at the last time I was updating it - I think it was like 99.9% 'finished'.

<Deleted a paragraph or so of unnecessary stuff>

I find myself more intrigued by the 'why' of it, than the project itself. Regardless, I wish everyone involved the very best of luck.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 07 Mar 2017 02:31:39
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2017 :  03:13:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wanted for more on Ormpur. 3e's Serpent Kingdoms and Shining South left me rather curious on the region...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Portuguese D. Ace
Seeker

Italy
82 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2017 :  13:12:10  Show Profile Send Portuguese D. Ace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any news on the Competition?

Any other Scribe took their chance with it?

Please, bring back the Realms. I'm really fed up with the Sword Coast.

===== Since English is not my first language, I pre-emptively apologize for any (grammar) mistake that has been made in my post. In order to help me improve my English, please, point out those mistakes (If you could do it politely, it would be even better!). Thanks! =====
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2017 :  15:38:15  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
#1, no-one gives a crap about Ormpur (not enough to make the effort worth it), and the whole 'work with Ed' thing is really no big deal anymore (because all you have to do is sign up for TEGG and you get to do that... sort of... certain people have 'built a wall' around him these days).

#2 'Getting published in FR' is no big deal either - we don't need Ed or anyone else for that matter.

#3 No one gives a crap about Ormpur.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Portuguese D. Ace
Seeker

Italy
82 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2017 :  14:52:37  Show Profile Send Portuguese D. Ace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

#1, no-one gives a crap about Ormpur (not enough to make the effort worth it), and the whole 'work with Ed' thing is really no big deal anymore (because all you have to do is sign up for TEGG and you get to do that... sort of... certain people have 'built a wall' around him these days).

#2 'Getting published in FR' is no big deal either - we don't need Ed or anyone else for that matter.

#3 No one gives a crap about Ormpur.

Ouch.

===== Since English is not my first language, I pre-emptively apologize for any (grammar) mistake that has been made in my post. In order to help me improve my English, please, point out those mistakes (If you could do it politely, it would be even better!). Thanks! =====
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2017 :  23:11:35  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess that was a bit harsh. True, but harsh.

I've changed some of the way I myself work so that I am not working on things I would consider a 'waste of time' (stuff no-one will use in their games). If others want to waste their time thats fine, but even the eastern Heartlands is getting ignored these days, so I don't see a point in developing material for some far-off, obscure corner of The Realms. Its 'Returned Abeir' all over again.

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  05:12:57  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dunno, apparently Ed sees a point to visiting Ormpur. Must say, I've gotten rather into it myself, in the course of that "imagining" thing we do. Looking forward to seeing what comes, from TEGG and the lucky mystery writer.
Go to Top of Page

Portuguese D. Ace
Seeker

Italy
82 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  11:44:24  Show Profile Send Portuguese D. Ace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I guess that was a bit harsh. True, but harsh.

I've changed some of the way I myself work so that I am not working on things I would consider a 'waste of time' (stuff no-one will use in their games). If others want to waste their time thats fine, but even the eastern Heartlands is getting ignored these days, so I don't see a point in developing material for some far-off, obscure corner of The Realms. Its 'Returned Abeir' all over again.

Personally, it was an area I never considered (due to UBER-LEGNTHY campaign I DM'ed set elsewhere).

But, being intrigued by the pitch, I studied the area a little bit.

I found it interesting and refreshing (from our group's POV), since it's completely different form our "classical" center-european-esque medieval/fantasy feeling.

Just reading the few info on it was an inspiration to create several scenarios I hope to use in future adventures, for a change.

More than a Returned Abeir all over again, I see it as a countertrend to "OMG SWORD COAST IS THE CENTER OF THE WORLD!!!" policy we're enduring.

I'm sure there are specific "contractual/corporate" reasons behind the choice of Ormpur, and i doubt we'll ever know them!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000