Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Priestess: 5e Ancient World Divine Class
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2017 :  17:37:19  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Saw this on Dragon+ as a recommended download (yeah, I know, a lot of you may have already looked at it... I haven't read a lot of the dragon+ content). Its $2.99. Its a take on a mage-priest mix, and its tailored to fit the ideas of Unther and Mulhorand and Kara-Tur. As a result, I'm obviously into reading it. It involves using an idol that can fight for you temporarily via spells, but your basically a . They don't get any armor or any good weapon proficiencies. The idols actually contact a portion of the god's divine spark, and you sacrifice to it. Also, to renew higher level spell slots, you need to have a bigger idol (5th lvl spells require an idol the same size as the character.. and is usually made of stone... 9th lvl spell slots require a HUGE idol) and make sacrifices to it (and how you sacrifice depends on your priesthood, not necessarily the god... living sacrifice, monetary/food sacrifice, long prayer/meditation as sacrifice, dance/contortion/sweats sacrifice, self mortification/having taboos sacrifice ). There's no just getting a rest and "boom" got my spell slots back. Granted, I think we can all figure out some ways to bring your idol with you, it is a bit of a hassle. I'm totally picturing Maztican priests having idols that follow them on plumalitters.

I am REALLY liking this idea as a means by which the Untheric and Mulhorandi (and other) people that went to Abeir are able to keep up worship to their deities. It really fits like Maztican "priests" who wouldn't be running around in heavy armor (and one example even mentions Kara-Tur priests being unable to sacrifice at Maztican priests idols).

Nice, and at 13th level, your idol can take over concentration for you.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/192760/Priestess-Ancient-World-Divine-Class?term=priestess&test_epoch=0

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000