Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Forgotten Realms Archives on Facebook
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Seravin
Senior Scribe

Canada
828 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2018 :  00:42:10  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's awful Wooly---your opinions are always courteous even when you really, really dislike something. You're like the nicest person. So odd. I think some mods really like some series there and if you bash them (validly and politely even) you risk a ban!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
31303 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2018 :  00:53:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It likely didn't help that a lot of people really, really like the War of the Spider Queen books. A lot of people in that discussion were saying how awesome the books were and how they were some of the best books of the Realms, and then I come in and call them over-hyped, underwhelming, and then start providing reasons why I feel that way.

I've actually been much slower to share my dislike of certain very popular novels, because I know I'm in a minority on them. More than one popular series, I held my tongue on for a year or more after reading them, because I didn't like them.

That's also why I tend to post a disclaimer when someone says they're going to go with my recommendation on something they've not yet read. I do like it when people like books that I've liked, obviously, but given that I've thoroughly disliked some popular stuff, it's obvious my opinions aren't always inline with the mainstream, here.

My friend Callmegene and I have similar tastes in books, and we've inflicted a lot of books on each other, over the years -- but even he and I disagree on books more often than some might expect.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000