Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Calimshan in 5E
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Risven
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  22:22:56  Show Profile Send Risven a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi, I'm thinking of sending my group to Calimshan soon.

I'm reading up on all the older material I can find, but does anyone have any sources for the state of Calimshan in 5E?

If not, what about suppositions or suggestions? If you've built or run anything in Calimshan for 5E, I'd love to hear your ideas.

For example: do you think the city of Calimshan is still run by a pasha? Have the guilds taken control? Are genies returning to the area? Should everything have an elemental flavor, given the masses of genasi populating the area?

What fits here now?

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2017 :  01:43:56  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is all the information I'm aware of on Calimshan in 5e, taken from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide:
quote:
This southern land has long been the battleground for warring genies. After years of struggling beneath their genasi masters, human slaves arose to follow a Chosen of Ilmater, at first using nonviolent resistance, and then erupting in full rebellion following his disappearance. They overthrew the genie lords of Calimport and Memnon, casting the remaining genies out of the cities and back to their elemental homes or into the depths of the deserts.

Much of Calimshan is a chaotic place dominated by wealth, political influence, and personal power. Many pray for the return of the Chosen and the completion of his work. Others are learning to live together without genie masters, and to grudgingly accept the remaining genasi among them.

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North

Edited by - KanzenAU on 27 Jan 2017 01:44:23
Go to Top of Page

Risven
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2017 :  14:36:19  Show Profile Send Risven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000