Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Parwiccan Cycle
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2016 :  02:42:27  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was reading about the Tearfall (to create the article on the wiki) when I stumbled with this term. It seems to be an elven poem about the origin of dragons. So far I know, is only mentioned in Draconomicon (2e) and Dragons of Faerun.

Is there any other source I can get info about this poem? Is for scientific purposes! (?)

Thanks in advance!!

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 15 Dec 2016 02:44:23

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2020 :  20:18:49  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Zeromaru X,

I couldn't find anything else about this. I am assuming the poem you speak of is that quoted material on page 2 of FOR1 - Draconomicon?

Also, what scientific purposes were you looking into out of curiosity? :)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2020 :  21:19:51  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He was writing a wiki article. The one he linked. About 4 years ago, lol.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2020 :  01:30:20  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Ayrik,

quote:
He was writing a wiki article. The one he linked. About 4 years ago, lol.

As always, thank you for your quick reply; however, I am not understanding the point of the reply. Master Zeromaru X said,

quote:
I was reading about the Tearfall (to create the article on the wiki) when I stumbled with this term.

At the time, he was making the article, that much is evidenced by the history at the Wiki: https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Tearfall?action=history

However, to be clear, he said, "...when I stumbled with this term." Clearly, he was wanting to know more about it, because he cites the only two sources he was aware of at the time indicating anything about the Parwiccan Cycle. I'm assuming it was for that article, and I wanted to make sure I understood the material and context that he was referencing from the citations.

The clear indication there being, as per his question,
quote:
Is there any other source I can get info about this poem?
, that he did want to know more about it.

When I responded with my question,
quote:
I am assuming the poem you speak of is that quoted material on page 2 of FOR1 - Draconomicon?
, I was asking for clarification as to what he felt the poem was, that he was referencing. If it was what I was reading, then it did not seem like a poem, which was from page 2, under Draconic Origins.

My subsequent question,
quote:
Also, what scientific purposes were you looking into out of curiosity? :)
, was wanting as well to ensure I understood what his "scientific purposes" were about. In my opinion, I don't find Wiki listings to be "scientific", as I am sure you realize of course, with anyone having an account being able to edit them without credentials demonstrating a skill set with said knowledge base.

So, my question for you is: what was the point of the two statements beyond what appears to be rhetorical confabulation?

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2020 :  18:27:20  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, mostly because I'm a fan of all draconic, so a full version of the poem would be interesting to read, if nothing else.

But, as you said, there is not much about it.

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2020 :  22:22:45  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Zeromaru X,

I don't blame you at all for your enthusiasm on the draconic material! So, regarding the poem part, what was the poem you were referring to?

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2020 :  15:40:40  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Parwiccan Cycle. It's supposed to be an elven epic about dragons.

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2020 :  20:25:43  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Zeromaru X,

Ahh...geez, I completely missed that whole point. Not sure how, but thank you for clarifying! :)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000