Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Sembia Novels
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Petra_W
Acolyte

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2016 :  19:02:30  Show Profile Send Petra_W a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Since there will be no new novels, at least I have time to start with some storylinies. I want to read about Erevis Cale first. And for that I should start with the sembia books, right?

The first novel would be 20€, seems a bit expensive. But its just a collection of short stories, do I really have to read it? The other novels I could buy as ebooks for about 35€, its book 2-7. No way to get book 1 as ebook.

Do I really have to read the whole series or is every nobel featuring just one charakter like the sundering series? Then I could just read the cale-novel.

Here Im talking about the E3 layout. The books with A D&D layout I could get for a lower price. Are there the same texts? For example about 3€ for book I in the old layout.

Petra_W
Acolyte

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2016 :  22:34:58  Show Profile Send Petra_W a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nobody?

I wanted to buy it maybe from ebay and have to be fast. ^^
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2016 :  00:09:35  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, start with the Sembia books for Cale.
Go to Top of Page

Petra_W
Acolyte

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2016 :  01:43:50  Show Profile Send Petra_W a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My question was

All of them or just specific ones, If im really just into Cale.

Is there any difference betrween the original books and the second edition?
Go to Top of Page

Lamora
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2016 :  01:52:27  Show Profile Send Lamora a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shadow's Witness by Kemp should be your starting point. It is a full book if I remember correctly. Then there is Twilight Falling and the other two books in that trilogy. That should be your reading order if you go through Kemp's work in the Realms. There is a short story as well but it is not really needed.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2016 :  12:41:53  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd recommend just starting with the entire Sembia series. That way you can see exactly how Cale fit in with the Uskevrens.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2016 :  04:05:35  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Sembia series is decent, I really liked Black Wolf...and Erevis is in all of them minorly at least.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000