Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Tethyr Reclamation... series?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2016 :  16:15:30  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Was there ever a series detailing Hadrak Rhindaun's (Lhaeo) retaking of Tethyr? (a super over-simplification, I know).

I found the War in Tethyr novel, but thats more of a prequel to the reclamation itself.

I also note that the book entitled Reclamation was cancelled, although I don't even know if that had anything to do with Tethyr.

Is all the info to be had in Lands of Intrigue? The problem I am having is that the FRIA has a whole bunch of roads and locales in it in SE Tethyr that don't appear on ANY OTHER MAP. I went looking for this info once before, and came up empty handed. I assumed it was stuff from a novel (novel maps almost always contain 'juicy bits'), but now there doesn't seem to have been any novels set in that region. Its also very close to where all that thingumery happened with the southern Zhents (Kzelter), so it may have been tied to that (more likely, actually, now that I think about it).

Maybe there was a novel planned, and Eric Boyd had that stuff placed in the FRIA, and it never saw the light of day?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Nov 2016 16:16:33

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2016 :  18:02:01  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
***BUMP*** So I take it there was no series?

No-one knows anything about those odd adds to the FRIA?

Okay, then I'll just take some liberties...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 27 Nov 2016 18:03:04
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2016 :  18:07:01  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaine was planning something, but sadly it never went anywhere. She was so kind to post some excerpts, if you're interested.

Chapter 1 and 2: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19450&whichpage=1
Chapter 3: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19489

(ah, no, wrong novel/bookmark. That was for Serpent Daughter. IIRC she did post something from Reclamation, tho, I'll try to find it)

EDIT: Nvm, now I remember that the thread was taken down when the possibility that publishing novels through the DMGuild was a thing.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 27 Nov 2016 18:18:48
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2016 :  19:07:51  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The actual info I am looking for (geographic) probably had nothing to do with her novel anyway, the more I think about it, considering the age of the FRIA (and its last update) and the Tethyrian reclamation, and the timing of Elaine's novel(s).

More likely, it was tied to the stuff the southern Zhents were doing around Kzelter, which was only detailed in the Lands of Intrigue box. The dates better line-up with that, I think. Was there any info pertaining to this in that 'secret societies' (clandestine organizations) splat? I never read it, and now can't even recall the name (I know Wooly knows what I am talking abut, because I believe its one of his favorites). If I knew the name, I probably have the pdf somewhere. maybe there's more detail under the Zhent entry.

But that info, and whole storyline (and the stuff on the FRIA, IF its connected) all point to there having been some sort of novel or series that got canned (even if it was only in the 'consideration' stage). It just seems like a whole lot happened 'off camera'.

There are even dungeons and stuff there - perhaps a Dungeon or Dragon magazine article? I recall something about one of the locales - some sort of 'sleeping heroes' (but unrelated to the sleeping lords in Cormyr, I would imagine). Perhaps the last time I asked this question someone pointed me in the right direction... I just can't put my finger on it.

Edited by - Markustay on 27 Nov 2016 19:12:35
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2016 :  21:09:23  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you mean lords of darkness or cloak and dagger. Im sure you would have read the latter.

There was that armoury that the ogre lords of the sythilisian empire were looking for in murann.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site

Edited by - Gary Dallison on 27 Nov 2016 21:11:00
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2016 :  21:35:37  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cloak & Dagger - thats the one!

I owned it for years, and used it to check references (so I'd read the odd bit here and there, when someone gave me a pg.# for a specific piece of lore). I always meant to read it cover-to-cover, but never got around to it. And now that my copy burned, I never will.

Not sure why I couldn't bring myself to read it - if I had to take a guess, I would say it was the whole 'Moon Stars' thing - I found the name so utterly ridiculous it may have ruined the whole book for me (not only does it sound like 'monster', but why the hell does EVERY SINGLE THING in the setting have to have either 'moon' or 'star' in the name? And that one has both - to me its like staying "The forgotten realms of the Forgotten Realms".

Yes, we know moons and stars (meteors/asteroids) have fallen all over Faerūn, and thats tied to the most basic premise of the setting (well, perhaps the second most basic premise - "portals to everywhere" being the first), but really, they have beaten that horse to death. If you had to type those names as often as I have (on maps), you'd be pretty sick of those two words to.

So, ummmm... yeah. Thats probably it.

Edited by - Markustay on 27 Nov 2016 21:37:09
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2016 :  06:47:09  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Not sure why I couldn't bring myself to read it - if I had to take a guess, I would say it was the whole 'Moon Stars' thing - I found the name so utterly ridiculous it may have ruined the whole book for me (not only does it sound like 'monster', but why the hell does EVERY SINGLE THING in the setting have to have either 'moon' or 'star' in the name? And that one has both - to me its like staying "The forgotten realms of the Forgotten Realms".

The aristocrats Elves!
And, even worse, half-elven wannabes.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page