Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 "Mouslings" in the realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  11:59:27  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, been thinking more and more on that size... wow, I really can't picture a Barbie doll sized creature riding the things I'm picturing. I'm going to have to go even smaller. Instead of 9 to 15 inches, more like 4 to 6 inches.... so yeah, star wars figurine size. Guess I'll have to write them up more of as a swarm, but with some who actually learn something like a thief's sneak attack bonus for hitting critical body parts. I'm picturing them unable to learn wizardry due to the time required, but maybe they can become bards, druids, clerics, paladins, rangers, and even sorcerers and warlocks (maybe serving a fey patron?) etc.. Unlike that pictured in mouseguard, maybe they have to use two handed weapons just to get them heavy enough to do any damage against creatures larger than themselves? Thinking pole weapons would be particular favorites, but mainly simple spears with sharpened points burned in a fire, or maybe rock weapons. Maybe since they are so small, like an ant maybe they can lift things much larger than they would for their size, so maybe the weapons they wield are oversized equivalents like what we see in a lot of Japanime, etc... For instance, maybe they have a Warhammer made from a rock, and the rock is the equivalent size of their whole chest.

Other than animal friendship and speak with animals, are there any other magical abilities which might seem to make sense for these small mice to have? I'm kind of thinking having them have the druidcraft cantrip might be interesting. Its ability to predict weather for 24 hours could prove useful for them being prepared. Since my main use of them is as farmers helping the humans the ability to "instantly make a flower blossom, a seed pod open, or a leaf bud bloom" would be great for them putting out seeds and instantly get them germinating, and then get them flowering sooner. Also the ability to "create an instantaneous, harmless sensory effect, such as falling leaves, a puff of wind, the sound of a small animal, or the faint odor of skunk" might be useful for scaring away threatening beasts OR for hiding their own scent, etc... Also, the ability to "instantly light or snuff out a candle, a torch, or a small campfire" for a creature of their size might be a way to give them a means of defending themselves by setting a section of field ablaze and then snuffing it.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  16:31:45  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
btw, other than insect swarm, is there any spell which might command a swarm of bees. Just thinking it might be interesting if they can coerce pollination of flowers by summoning bees. Not commanding them mind you. It might be interesting though if these fellows kind of treat bees like we might a friendly dog.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2018 :  15:25:51  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, another thing that might make them more interesting. I'm having the humans of the tharch that moves to Katashaka having had a couple generations first living in the Lopango Jungles just south of Maztica and having picked up some knowledge of pluma and hishna. Especially with plumacraft involving the manipulation of the small pieces of feathers together, it might make sense that creatures with extremely small hands might be very capable with this kind of work, so perhaps the humans introduced them to it, and some of them took to it quite well. With the hishna crafting, maybe they can also make their extremely small weapons much more damaging (as in always doing at least 1 pt of damage). Picturing using snake's teeth spears, etc.... also, perhaps snake skin armor, etc...

Secondarily, I'm thinking that the secrets of elven leafweave armor may be an alchemical secret that might be "hacked" and thus these beings might wear leafweave armor.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 29 Nov 2018 15:49:29
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000