Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Cosmology Theories
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
14387 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2017 :  23:01:57  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New, radical Eberron Cosmology theory: its really just a smaller, distorted 'mirror' of the Great Wheel - Eberron itself is the Outlands, and all those 'spheres' revolving around it are just the planes themselves. What if Eberron lies inside some hitherto unknown plane/dimension and is that 'mirror realm'?

Maybe its even The Great Wheel's local version of the Feywild (which is kinda scary, because that would there should be a Shadow-Great wheel as well). Or rather, aybe its where those two planes should be in regards to the Outlands, but 'the Gods' banned those planes from overlapping with the Outlands, and instead we have this weird 'echo', like the dream of two great sleeping serpents...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 27 Oct 2017 23:03:08
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2052 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2017 :  00:42:42  Show Profile  Send CorellonsDevout an AOL message Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Suddenly, Roman legions find themselves in Chessenta, or proto-Celts find themselves in the Moonshaes, or Eldar (elves) and Dverge (Dwarves) find themselves displaced on their own worlds. Maybe the Yehimals were borrowed from the dwarven homeworld, for all we know. Magic (The Weave) rights-itself and now entire populations are stuck in FR... just as its most basic premise intended.

This is what really happened to our lost civilizations LOL. They got transplanted.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
6094 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2017 :  06:36:15  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Seeing the cultures that spread those tales "Imaskari evilness" (a pair of nations full of racists, race supremacists, slavers and hypocrites—they practice slavery yet condemned the Imaskari for doing just the same) and what happened to High Imaskar in the Second(+) Sundering, we can easily conclude that while the Imaskari were no saints, most of their "evil deeds" are just Mulhorandi and Untheran propaganda.

Yeah, even their raid that enslaved the Mulan peoples was because of desperation with sickness. Hell, some of the original Mulan people may have even felt for the Imaskari for all we know and come to aid them, only to have it turned against them. The Imaskari may have not conquered and pulled the people over so much as tricked, blackmailed and threatened their families if they didn't comply. But later generations of Imaskari may not have been so bad.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Senior Scribe

Colombia
785 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2017 :  07:55:24  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recommend you to read the entry on High Imaskar in the 4e FRCG, and then make a comparison with what is said the SCAG, if you have access to both. I see the Shadovar as better than them, now...

Long ago, in the distant past, they fell into decay. The philosopher’s path... The river of glory... Even the saints resting in the darkness rise up without response and block the way...
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
14387 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2017 :  08:01:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, unless they had HUGE mobile portals that could 'scoop up' tons of people all together, as I said before, those groups of people had to have already all been moving together in a single direction, either running toward something, or fleeing something themselves. That implies war or disaster (and war IS a disaster).

Poor Imaskar... see what happens when you let too many refugees in.

{that was a joke folks, so please take it as one}

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 28 Oct 2017 08:15:15
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000