Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Dungeonology is reviewed (in great detail)….
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2016 :  20:41:21  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey all,

I found a (recent) very detailed review of Dungeonology. Yes, it's one of those new what-the-hell-is-this-book from WotC in 2016. Is it a gimmick? Is it some stupid FR coloring book? Just what the hell was WotC thinking with these new weird 5E products, what is this thing?

Guess no more. THIS guy reviews it in great detail, tons of screenshots provided. The review helped me make up my mind if this Dungeonology book was worth a purchase for me.

http://thecampaign20xx.blogspot.com/2016/10/dungeons-dragons-dungeonology.html

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2016 :  20:50:31  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a nice "book" to draw in new fans, which is always a good thing. But it's definitely not for me.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2016 :  06:28:20  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to love fiddling with this book. It might not have a lot of new lore, but the fiddly bits are going to be great. Thanks for sharing!

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2016 :  07:24:42  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like a book that would be great for kids...

And as a 30 year old kid, I'm looking forward to giving it a flip-through!

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2016 :  13:26:18  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kids?! With their destructive, sticky little fingers, or their tendency to put everything in their cuaustic-slobber filled mouths? Why not let them play with your complete, near-mint copy of the OGB autographed by Ed Greenwood himself? Kids indeed. 'Ware thy pen, Scribe, lest thou be cast from this phrontistery forevermore.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 12 Oct 2016 13:34:18
Go to Top of Page

ZeshinX
Learned Scribe

Canada
210 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2016 :  13:46:01  Show Profile  Visit ZeshinX's Homepage Send ZeshinX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definite pass for me, but then that seems to be the case with just about everything WotC has put out lately. This is nifty and cute, but of no use to me, so, pass.

"...because despite the best advice of those who know what they are talking about, other people insist on doing the most massively stupid things."
-Galen, technomage
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2016 :  20:12:41  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KanzenAU

Looks like a book that would be great for kids...

And as a 30 year old kid, I'm looking forward to giving it a flip-through!

Or 40-year-old "kids".

In the past, I've been a "motivational" DM. I've rewarded some of the better Players in my past campaigns (especially the ones that have impressed me with how they played and role-played in certain situations). One or two of these would be great rewards/gifts to my newer Players. I don't find it expensive at all, since it can drop as low as $12 online (Amazon).

And yes, I'm that DM that will occasionally buy pizza for the entire group. D&D is a social game, everyone is supposed to be having fun and enjoying themselves. If that's not happening, then you're doing it wrong.

Edited by - moonbeast on 12 Oct 2016 20:14:57
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000