Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Forgotten Realms Designers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Xandos Anskul
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2005 :  22:56:27  Show Profile  Visit Xandos Anskul's Homepage Send Xandos Anskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a huge amount. These forums are awesome.
Go to Top of Page

Xandos Anskul
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2005 :  23:15:49  Show Profile  Visit Xandos Anskul's Homepage Send Xandos Anskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So in Selunnara, presumable there would be no actual surviving Netherese archwizards, since most of the people there are aasimar descendents? Or perhaps they are ruled by a council of archliches from the time of Netheril?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2005 :  23:57:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xandos Anskul

So in Selunnara, presumable there would be no actual surviving Netherese archwizards, since most of the people there are aasimar descendents? Or perhaps they are ruled by a council of archliches from the time of Netheril?

We can assume that there's no true Netherese left in Selunnara... But we don't know, for certain. More than one Netherese wizard -- not including those of Shade -- has survived to this day in some form or another. Ed himself offered some information on surviving Netherese:

quote:
Ed just posted this, and I think it pertains to the topic.

"Dargoth, I know of at least a dozen Netherese who are still active in the Realms of today, albeit some of them in greatly changed forms. Hint: a LOT of Netherese bound themselves into magic items (especially swords), to ‘live on’ telepathically. If your blade seems able to see what’s around it without having visible eyes, hear thoughts of nearby creatures, and mend/heal itself in limited ways, it just might contain the sentience of a Netherese.

The pages of ELMINSTER: THE MAKING OF A MAGE and SHADOWS OF DOOM both contain Netherese survivors (one each), and I can reveal here that I know of at least two who reside quietly (pretending to be “just plain folks”) in Waterdeep and Suzail, respectively. No, I’m not going to give names, because for a DM it’s far more useful to have them as ‘handy tools.’

The Waterdhavian one founded a successful mercantile family now regarded as noble, and then (having prepared for this with covert investments, coin caches, and property purchases) faked his own death, to reappear as a retired merchant, a role he’s played several times since. Like Elminster, he meddles covertly in city politics and society, spreading rumors and ‘turning’ particular individuals to hold more cosmopolitan world-views (investing in other lands, and taking an interest in folk from those places). He does this because he very much wants to avoid Waterdhavian haughtiness from growing any greater than it is already.

The Suzailan one is a female who firmly believes that Netheril fell because of overweening pride and overarching mastery of magic. She enjoys life in Cormyr (when it isn’t imperiled by war, of course), has hidden coins and gold in plenty for her needs, and covertly works to do two things: confuse and confound War Wizard investigations, and to make both War Wizards and others think that there are secret personal dangers involved in too much spellcasting, and in casting specific, over-powerful spells. She is VERY good at keeping hidden, spreading such rumors through the mouths of passing strangers by means of suggestion magics, and never doing anything openly herself. She’s no enemy of the Crown; she just doesn’t think allowing the War Wizards to reach the status of ‘extremely effective secret police’ is a good idea. She’s dwelt in Suzail for almost forty years, and knows it will soon be time to “disappear” or be noticed as something other than the well-to-do widow she’s pretending to be, but is tarrying because she enjoys the city and its folk so much (she perceives a rising danger in wealthy, ever-restless Sembia of sorcerers and wizards becoming overproud and reckless in their use of magic, but has such a distaste for what she’s seen of Sembian society that she just doesn’t want to go there, while also seeing that it would be a very good place to take a new face and name).

You can, of course, create many more Netherese, though I’d suggest that they all conceal their origins and that they NOT (or try not) to know of each other, rather than forming any sort of shadowy secret society or power group. That would be why, even for the two examples from my novels, clearly identified Netherese should be very scarce. After all, if Netheril is most remembered as a “land of awesome magic,” then anyone identified as Netherese can expect wizards and sorcerers to launch surprise attacks, mind-invasions, and attempts to capture or financially control them, to get all the magic that’s “surely” waiting in their minds, or in the case of items, hidden in places they know."

Dargoth then went on to ask: "How do you think the 2 survivors are taking the return of Shade Enclave? From the way you describe them they dont sound like they'd get on well with the Shades. Its also interesting the 2 cities/nations that they live in have recently had bad experiences with Shade enclave in the Return of the Arch Wizards series. Also the Shades are apparently looking for Netherese Survivors as well"

Ed answered: "I quite agree: the Netherese survivors won’t get along at all well with the people of Shade. In fact, I’d venture to say that ALL surviving Netherese in Faerun would be wary at best, and actively hostile at worst, to the new “arrivals.”

“Hiding from and otherwise ignoring” would probably be their initial reaction, and they’ll quite rightly see attempts by the folk of Shade to find them as attempts to snatch their power. If that happens just once, word will get around, and the folk of Shade will then discover they’ve bitten off a lot more than they can ever hope to chew."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Xandos Anskul
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2005 :  02:37:09  Show Profile  Visit Xandos Anskul's Homepage Send Xandos Anskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

webmanus
Learned Scribe

Sweden
338 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2005 :  15:15:14  Show Profile  Visit webmanus's Homepage Send webmanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi folks!

Can any FR designer help me out with the following:

About the Gnomes of Daggerdale
There are c 600 rock gnomes in Daggerdale (FRCS, page 126, 2% gnomes of a population of 28,041 ... 561 gnomes ...). They live scattered in the Dale, but, there are rumors of a gnomish village, or hamlet, in the Spiderhaunt Wood. Now, Spiderhaunt Wood cannot be part of Daggerdale, and thus, the population of that village (or hamlet) could not be counted in the c 600 gnomes of Daggerdale.

Please note that the gnomish village I am thinking of is the one presented in the adventure ... The Secret of Spiderhaunt Wood.

Link to my homepage: http://user.tninet.se/~bsu242v/
Go to Top of Page

jameslt0
Seeker

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2005 :  03:56:53  Show Profile  Visit jameslt0's Homepage Send jameslt0 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When do you think there is chance for Cormanthor Regional Sourcebook in the near future? I hope it includes the Dales and the Elven Court.
Go to Top of Page

The Twin Scimitars
Seeker

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  21:34:09  Show Profile  Visit The Twin Scimitars's Homepage Send The Twin Scimitars a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How big is Faerun?

Endure, in enduring we grow strong.
-Dak'kon, Planescape Torment

Edited by - The Twin Scimitars on 21 Aug 2005 21:35:33
Go to Top of Page

Vendrin
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2005 :  10:13:49  Show Profile  Visit Vendrin's Homepage Send Vendrin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've recently been wondering more about the role and fate of petitioners in FR. I was hoping a few questions could be answered.

1. When a person dies, how long after they are taken from the fugue plane does it take for their god to choose their fate in what form they take?

2. My banite character recently died and I wrote a small fanfic about him being turned into a lemure by Bane for his failure. Now the oppurtunity has come to have him ressurected some in game time later and I am wondering if it is even possible for a soul/petitioner of any diety that has been transformed into an outsider form to be ressurected as a mortal once again. And if it is possible can it only be done through that character's diety or can another diety do such, or can a miracle/wish spell do such?

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2005 :  21:42:18  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
None of this official, but here are some possible answers. That said, I'd say most of these questions would be better directed toward one of the other forum areas.

Re: the gnome population of Daggerdale. The adventures are 2E. In 3E a lot of the population sizes were rejiggered to be more consistent with one another (a very good thing IMHO), but this did cause some major shifts in some regions or little ones in the case of Dagerdale's gnomes. Go with the 3E source.

Re: the size of Faerun. It's big. The continent (sans Kara-tur and Zakhara) is, if I recall correctly, about the size of Eurasia or twice the size of North America or something like that. You could measure it out. Now that was 2E and is specifically mentioned in the 2E FRCS. In 3E, its a little smaller with reshaping of the map to account for global curvature. The planet of Abeir-Toril was a little bigger than Earth in 2E.

Re: death. Question one has never been answered to the best of my knowledge. I would imagine it would happen pretty quickly/instantly barring something weird happening like in the War of the Spider Queen series. Question 2. I'd have to research more thoroughly, but I think as a lemure he could still be resurrected because they are still petitioners IIRC (the entry form for devils), but if it was a more advanced devil, nope.
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2005 :  02:03:11  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tom, that is by far the best spin I've heard yet! Mr. Baker clearly admitted that Faerûn was reshaped for no better reason than it fit nicer on a poster map.

quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta
In 3E, its a little smaller with reshaping of the map to account for global curvature.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2005 :  21:58:43  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe its both. At least, as I recall Rich and I think Sean K. Reynolds discussing, they got rid of a lot of blank space and the way they did it was reshaping to account for global curvature. If you look at the 3E map, the most "distorted" areas from 2E are in the south where things seem to have been scrunched and as you move east, moved a bit north.
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2006 :  10:13:29  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vendui!

As neither of the designers of Underdark have a thread as yet, I'll try my luck here.

The mentioned book saw the re-introduction of the specially created drow items, namely the drowcraft enhancement. While I would agree to most of the design ideas ... and it is really good to have the items mentioned in dozens of novels and sourcebooks back ... I wonder why disintegrate is needed for their creation. While it is hard to include the faerzress radiation in the creation process (rulewise that is), the spell is not needed (for it is no spell which destroys the item) as it would actually only feature if the item can use it in any way. More importantly, it pushes the creation CL and demands (background-wise) upwards. As in: one can hardly envision that in times gone bye dozens of high-level drow mages spent days upon days creating lots of simple magical items (+1 drowcraft armor / swords) - even though they had the time, of course. (Old sources tell us more or less exactly how the transformation took place, faerzress nodes and all.) Of course, as it is only a minor enhancement (+1), the actual cost of the items (for PC and NPC alike) is minimal, but I wonder whether one can change a wee bit of the disintegrate part of their creation? In essence, it would not change the price as such, only the way of creating them.

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.

Edited by - Zanan on 28 Jan 2006 10:18:06
Go to Top of Page

biomante
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2006 :  20:26:42  Show Profile  Visit biomante's Homepage Send biomante a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll try my luck here:

About the Shadow magic system in Tome of Magic... I was wondering if WOTC is planning to release any material that supports the possible connection (web enhancements, Dragon articles, supplements, etc.) of this kind of shadow magic and groups in the Realms like the Shades and the Jaezred Chaulssin. Any answer from a designer/employee/etc. is going to be really appreciated.

PS: Another thing, any opinions on the Shadowcaster?, I like it a lot, but as some persons in the WOTC forums I think that the class might be underpowered somehow. What do you think?

"And his eyes had all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming..."

Edited by - biomante on 20 Mar 2006 20:28:20
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2006 :  18:05:12  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The best answer is probably not anytime soon, given that planning for books goes on way in advance and that the shadow magic system in T&M is completely different from that of FR (Karsus references notwithstanding). That said, nothing is impossible. The Jaezred Chaulssin and Shade use documented forms of shadow magic.

As for shadowcasters, I think Ari Marmell did a really good job giving them a unique and alien personality, perfect for a horror oriented game. I think it would be best in a game that didn't have the standard forms of magic.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein

Edited by - EytanBernstein on 22 Mar 2006 05:25:31
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2006 :  02:25:37  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I asked this a while back on the Wizards boards, but I didn't think about asking something related to it. My original question was "Will there be a PrC for the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart (a paladin order that appeared back in 2nd Edition in The Complete Paladin's Handbook, page 117)?" I also wanted to ask if perhaps the Order had been overlooked or just placed to the side for awhile. I wanted to play a member of the Order back in 2nd Edition, but I would love to see what would or could be done with them in 3.5. Thanks!

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Archwizard
Learned Scribe

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2006 :  05:42:43  Show Profile  Visit Archwizard's Homepage Send Archwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not a sage by any means, but I came upon an answer while reading through Champions of Valor, it has a substitution level progression for Noble Heart Paladins.
Go to Top of Page

Waldham
Seeker

83 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2006 :  15:51:14  Show Profile  Visit Waldham's Homepage Send Waldham a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Erudite_Bastich :
quote:
Draegloth were intended to have SR, at least when they were first introduced. There's always the chance that has changed since then, of course, but there's no clarification stating outright that it has as of yet.

The following is copied from MONSTERFAQ1302003.pdf (Sage Advice compilation file that includes Monsters of Faeraun), which should still be available to download. I spaced the info out for ease of reading, and bolded the parts most relevant to this topic.

What does the term "drow abilities" refer to in the
draegloth's (from Monsters of Faerûn) special qualities
entry? Does a draegloth get spell resistance?

It refers to the special qualities of drow, which are listed in
the drow entry in the FORGOTTEN REALMS Campaign Setting
book (and in the Monster Manual). These include the
following:

Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day dancing lights, darkness, and
faerie fire. These abilities are as the spells cast by a sorcerer
of the drow's character level.

Darkvision up to 120 feet.

Spell resistance 11 + class level.

+2 racial bonus on Will saves against spells and spell-like
abilities.

Light Blindness (Ex): Abrupt exposure to bright light (such
as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. In
addition, they take a -1 circumstance penalty on all attack
rolls, saves, and checks while operating in bright light.

Proficient with longsword, rapier, longbow, composite
longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow, regardless of
character class.

Immunity to magic sleep spells and effects.
+2 racial bonus on Will saves against Enchantment spells
or effects.

+2 racial bonus on Search, Spot, and Listen checks. A
drow who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or
concealed door is entitled to a Search check as though
actively looking for it.

Note that a draegloth with class levels has Spell Resistance
11, despite its number of Hit Dice.

Why didn't the SR include in the Champions of Ruin (savage progression) - write-up of the race ?

Or perhaps the draegloth don't have the spell resistance ?

Thanks for your future help.
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2006 :  15:33:09  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vendui!

While checking for some escape route for my City of the Spider Queen group I looked up a number of maps, starting with the one of Drizzt do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark, then CotSQ, and Underdark. I was somewhat surprised to see Maerimydra "jump down" 40 - 80 miles to the South during the adventure (CotSQ map as opposed to DdUGttUD), i.e. below Ashabenford, then back up again in Underdark. I would assume that the CotSQ map, as this whole campaign has the city as its topic, is the most correct one, but maybe a designer can clarify this nonetheless.

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.

Edited by - Zanan on 18 May 2006 15:35:19
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2006 :  18:11:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

Vendui!

While checking for some escape route for my City of the Spider Queen group I looked up a number of maps, starting with the one of Drizzt do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark, then CotSQ, and Underdark. I was somewhat surprised to see Maerimydra "jump down" 40 - 80 miles to the South during the adventure (CotSQ map as opposed to DdUGttUD), i.e. below Ashabenford, then back up again in Underdark. I would assume that the CotSQ map, as this whole campaign has the city as its topic, is the most correct one, but maybe a designer can clarify this nonetheless.

I wouldn't be surprised if the CoSQ map was redrawn from 2e notes without taking the 3e map skew into effect, then Underdark rejigged things so they made more sense with the new surface maps.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2006 :  19:03:29  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Vendui!

I was pretty surprised when I saw that too. My intent in DDGttU was that Maerimydra was near to or directly under the Moonsea, where as CotSQ seems to put it under Haptooth Hill. In any event, its pretty easy to rebend the map to put it where you want.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2006 :  21:48:50  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia
I wouldn't be surprised if the CoSQ map was redrawn from 2e notes without taking the 3e map skew into effect, then Underdark rejigged things so they made more sense with the new surface maps.

Well, DdUGttUD was one of the last books published during AD&D (alongside Skullport and Cloak & Dagger, methinks ... and all are great stuff BTW). As in, it was pretty much up to date with events in 1369/70 D.R.. If have no problem placing the town, though as it looks the Underdark books used more or less the same map ... the one drawn/designed by Eric L. Boyd for the Guide, while the campaign used its own. Anyway ... a decent compromise could be to place Szith Morcane in the region of the "old" Maerimydra.

NB: Thanks for your instant clarification, Mr. Boyd!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2006 :  17:32:53  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear FR designers,

On page 112 of the FRCS under "Thunder Peaks" it mentions a dragolich named Aurgloroasa. What kind of dragon was it when alive?

I'm collating a list of canon blue dragons around the Anarouch for a campaign of mine and am curious about Aurgloroasa. Much thanks !
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2006 :  17:43:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RodOdom

Dear FR designers,

On page 112 of the FRCS under "Thunder Peaks" it mentions a dragolich named Aurgloroasa. What kind of dragon was it when alive?

I'm collating a list of canon blue dragons around the Anarouch for a campaign of mine and am curious about Aurgloroasa. Much thanks !

She was a shadow dragon before her transformation -- so says Cult of the Dragon.

The FR Dragon Database here at Candlekeep references this as well as the sources for it.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 23 May 2006 17:48:48
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2006 :  17:58:58  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, thanks. Sorry I didn't check before.
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2006 :  11:20:31  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, as I do not know which designers was responsible or had a say in this ... over at the WizBoards we were discussing the "problem" of planescaping / plane-hopping and I remembered the For Duty and Deity adventure. It mentioned the Infinite Staircase, which had, amongst other places, an access via the House of the Moon in Waterdeep. One Kyriani (doesn't she make an appearance in City of Splendors?) is telling the PC the necessary info and all. Now, I think I didn't read anything about the IS in the Waterdeep book, nor anywhere else in 3E/RE FR literature. Has it been chopped or is it still around and available for planescaping?

(NB: Sorry, but I am not able to access my books right now, hence the "seem to remember's" and all.)

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

Edited by - Zanan on 05 Jun 2006 11:22:56
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2006 :  17:13:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, as I do not know which designers was responsible or had a say in this ... over at the WizBoards we were discussing the "problem" of planescaping / plane-hopping and I remembered the For Duty and Deity adventure. It mentioned the Infinite Staircase, which had, amongst other places, an access via the House of the Moon in Waterdeep. One Kyriani (doesn't she make an appearance in City of Splendors?) is telling the PC the necessary info and all. Now, I think I didn't read anything about the IS in the Waterdeep book, nor anywhere else in 3E/RE FR literature. Has it been chopped or is it still around and available for planescaping?

(NB: Sorry, but I am not able to access my books right now, hence the "seem to remember's" and all.)

Kyriani does indeed appear in the new City of Splendors book, both as a Moonstar Agent and as a Lord of Waterdeep.

Newer lore trumps older lore. But, in the absence of new lore that states something has changed, then stick with the older stuff. There was a lot that wasn't mentioned in the new Waterdeep book. It's not a reflection on the designers, it's just that there is only so much stuff that can be put into a book. So, since nothing that I know of says otherwise, it's safe to assume the Staircase is still there.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2006 :  18:31:27  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Kyriani does indeed appear in the new City of Splendors book, both as a Moonstar Agent and as a Lord of Waterdeep.

Newer lore trumps older lore. But, in the absence of new lore that states something has changed, then stick with the older stuff. There was a lot that wasn't mentioned in the new Waterdeep book. It's not a reflection on the designers, it's just that there is only so much stuff that can be put into a book. So, since nothing that I know of says otherwise, it's safe to assume the Staircase is still there.

Plus the Staircase is mentioned in the Player's Guide in Shaundakal's entry and Selunes.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2006 :  09:06:10  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje
Plus the Staircase is mentioned in the Player's Guide in Shaundakal's entry and Selunes.

If only one has not to scan every book for every detail, especially if the details are quite important ... for some. The planescapers will surely be happy now.

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2006 :  09:15:15  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

If only one has not to scan every book for every detail, especially if the details are quite important ... for some. The planescapers will surely be happy now.

Nod? Grin. Well I know my planar lore since I run FR and planar games. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2006 :  12:36:40  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:

quote:

Nod? Grin. Well I know my planar lore since I run FR and planar games. :)

Well, I run no planar games and thus checked the more important and relevant FR sources (3E/RE). But now that I know where to look and whom to ask

On another note. I am going to have a scout/druid of Fenmarel soon and came accross that druidic vow part again. Now, be default, druids may only ever wield weapons according to their druidic list, unless they belong to Mielikki's faith. Has there been any updates / changes to this ever after the FRCS, for one would assume that elven druids would still be used to able to work with bows (if not longswords). The Fenmarel entry in Demihuman Deities gives a list for specialty priests (he only had SP back then) which includes the short bow. Now, one wonders whether the druids of the Realms will get some more attention with regard to this and other issues, much like the clerics get PrC, substitution levels and initiate feats. Furthermore, the druidic deity list in the FRCS seems not to be all inclusive (e.g., Fenmarel has druids according to F&P), so a web-enhancment might be a fine option here. Anything in the making?

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

Edited by - Zanan on 06 Jun 2006 14:17:16
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000