Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 "Scaled ones" and the snake blood feat
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starshade
Learned Scribe

Norway
279 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2016 :  23:36:48  Show Profile Send Starshade a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Maybe a technicality, but I just saw, in 3.5 the Snake blood feat makes a player character a "Scaled One" according to the Serpent Kingdoms book. Anyone who have used this feat to actually give a character scales, or do people just use it figuratively?

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2016 :  14:47:54  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The feat mentions no outward signs are discernible in the appearance of the character, so I'd say no, a snake blooded person has no scales on their bodies. House Extaminaar are a good example of their look, lanky and 'oily', with clusters of brown 'spots' being closest to scales.

Yuan-ti purebloods are vrael olo, considered actual Yuan-Ti, but ones that look like humans. These are mentioned having scales, slitted eyes and/or split tongues.

That said, as the Yuan-Ti are a race build by ancient biomantic transmogrification magics of the Sarruhk I see it possible for them to modify existing races (like tainted ones) or develope a new strain of yuan-ti blooded humanoids that has thick scaly skin. Subsequently any strains of blood of these might have led to outward signs in appearance that lead to scales even as far as five generations down the line.

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000