Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Crystalmace
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2016 :  05:56:18  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Clan Crystalmace was a clan of dwarves known for their distinctive weapons. I remember reading about them somewhere way back in the 2e era. I found reference to the surname in Thunderdelve, but I'm nearly certain they were mentioned in the FR. Anybody remember the source for this clan or the weapons they were known for? Could have been in Dungeon or Dragon.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2016 :  06:28:24  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A few years back I started to compile a list of all dwarven names in published FR sources. It's not entirely complete, I didn't get to RAS's novels or most 3e books before I got a job and lost the spare time I was using on the project. But with that caveat, I can state that no clan or family Crystalmace appears in FR in the dozens of sources I searched (which includes the entirety of 1e and 2e).

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2016 :  06:35:40  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, no reference to a Realms dwarven clan by the name of Crystalmace that I can think of.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2016 :  07:17:57  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you. My memory must be slipping away. I will have to scrummage around a bit for my old magazines.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2016 :  15:44:50  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The clan I know which is known by its distinctive maces is Ironstar...

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page