Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Waterdeep Wards mini sourcebook
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

realmslore2000
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2016 :  17:19:45  Show Profile Send realmslore2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm starting to write up a 3.0/3.5 edition waterdeep mini sourcebooks and would like to know if anyone would be interested in contributing to it?
These mini sourcebooks will not contain any rehash material a in previously published products; What the mini sourcebooks will do will be a detailed description of streets and alleys, NPC's, magic items, spells, building descriptions, etc. each mini ward sourcebook
will be between 15 to 20 pages in length and focus on one or two blocks in each ward of Waterdeep along with a black and white cut away map of one or two buildings on that block and a removable overhead map showing the block and naming all locations on it.
Each sourcebook moves to a different ward of the city. Once all the wards are covered, a special sourcebook will be released that will focus on other aspects of the city.
The cycle repeats itself; Each removable map in the new cycle fits alongside of its predecessor in the same ward.
If you are interested in helping with this project you will be credited with your work(s)
If anyone would like to become a project leader for each ward in the mini sourcebook(s), then please let me know by email
(telescopehunter@yahoo.com) and I will send you a sourcebook style guide or messege me for more information.
Thank you for your time in looking at this document. Lance

I'm an idea maker, not a writer

realmslore2000
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  20:07:14  Show Profile Send realmslore2000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
60 people have read this post and no responses..well I guess it's a solo writing project then.

I'm an idea maker, not a writer
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  04:05:38  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They most always are ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  08:37:15  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same here. Almost everything ive ever written has been solo.

I liked Adhriva's idea of a Heralds group where a bunch of us get together and vet each others work to say it is approved by the Heralds. I think that is about as close as anyone would get to collaborative working.

It would seem that creativity and collaboration do not make good bed fellows.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page