Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Waterdeep Region Map
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2016 :  14:08:20  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all, I'll be uploading my hand-drawn map of the Waterdeep region to DMs Guild shortly. As with my Triboar region map, I'll add a parchment version, a DM's version, and a plain version.

The plain map is available over on my Deviant Art profile for those that want it for free.
http://fav.me/daaxtwu

Any feedback about the map, or DM's Guild tips, would be great!

The DM's version will include many more sites (not hand-drawn), such as all those included in Eric L Boyd's excellent Waterdeep Environs web enhancement.

As before, big shout out to Mike Schley for his excellent SCAG map, on which this is based, and to Jared Blando for his "How to Draw Fantasy Art and RPG Maps" product which helped me draw this!

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2016 :  23:18:20  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nicely done! I may utilize this as a PC handout in my upcoming Waterdeep game.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2016 :  15:28:49  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uploaded to DM's guild!
http://www.dmsguild.com/product/189067/Waterdeep-Region-Maps?src=newest_in_dmg

Parchment map for players, with and without hexes, plus map for DM's with all known locations (mainly sourced from the Environs of Waterdeep web supplement), and a photo of the hand-drawn map. Plus black and white versions of all the above.

I think this is an improvement on my Triboar map, hope someone finds it useful!

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2016 :  02:41:24  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nicely done. I'm buying
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2016 :  06:10:24  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the patronage! Positive or negative feedback is always welcome. I'm especially interested in sites missed.

I'm hoping to make another map over the December/January period. I haven't decided where yet, but I'm considering either a ward of Waterdeep or Hartsvale.

Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2016 :  15:09:14  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to start working on maps for all the places that don't currently have canon maps: Olostin's Hold, Calling Horns, Noanar's Hold etc.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000