Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Anchorome Lore / Religion / History
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2016 :  18:49:05  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
First let me say that I know there's a reference somewhere where Ed calls Anchorome a collection of islands. Generally though, its become accepted in the community that Anchorome is the continent above Maztica, and I assume there's some islands off this continents coasts that fulfill the collection of islands concept.

That being said, I wanted to see if there's any good gathering of data on Anchorome, as I'm becoming more and more invested in studying this old 2e lore. I note that Anchorome (at least the areas involving the stuff in City of Gold) seem to be more like Rashemen than anywhere else. Its definitely a land where honoring the spirits rather than the gods is seen.

Other than "city of gold" is there really any other lore out there? I'm just getting around to reading the stuff on DM's Guild dealing with the Maztica revision for 5e as well, including the "Grand History of the True World".

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2016 :  19:06:14  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I shall search my archive when i get time but i doubt i shall find much. I dont recall ever reading a single mention of anchorome

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2016 :  20:11:34  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In my ad hoc fantasy world, Anchorome is the Society for Creative Anachronism. See the SCA's Map of the Knowne World here ... http://www.sca.org/geography/ . Fits Anchorome just nicely!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000