Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Illicit Goods?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2016 :  21:23:11  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm trying to think of what all would be illicit for rogues and such to deal in.

My list:
- Drugs
- Stolen property
- Goods from enemy organizations. Example: GM makes it so that Cormyr deems its illegal to buy/sell weapons made from Zhentil Keep within its borders. Smugglers, then smuggle cheap zhentish blades into Arabel.
- Human trafficking
- Poisons?

Seems like a short list....

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2016 :  21:30:50  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Magical regents for forbidden, banned, or dark spells and rituals
-Religious items of dark gods or heretical beliefs
-secret histories and knowledge that threaten those in power or the narrative they tell the realm
-illegal pets and animals

Professional illustrator and comic book artist.
Portfolio
Go to Top of Page

BrianDavion
Seeker

71 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2016 :  21:31:43  Show Profile Send BrianDavion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
seems like a short list until you realize that basicly sums up what modern black marketers deal in. that and bootlegged items. and I bet there's a thriving "bootleg equipment" market in the realms too. one you could even use for a plot for a great adventure. Sir Percival of the Purple Dragons lost the grand tourney when his blade broke. the good knight is absolutely baffled, his sword was a recent accusation, and bore the craftsmans marks of a skilled drwarven smith reknowned for his blades. the PCs will investigate the cause of the blades break, only to be thrown into the corrupt and dark world of Cormyr's counterfeit arms trade!
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2016 :  21:53:19  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also add in smuggling. I'm not one of Cormyr's lore lords, but I'm sure they charge some kind of tax on cargos entering the country. So there would be big business in bringing in cargos that would evade that tax, especially small, high value goods like gems and jewelry.

Another thing for smugglers would be magical items that buyers specifically want to keep the War Wizards from knowing about.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2016 :  02:33:49  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Skooma. Oh wait, wrong forum.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2016 :  12:42:21  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Baby dragon eggs.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2016 :  13:29:26  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
information

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000