Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Novel Locales
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2016 :  00:36:19  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Other than Part II of Ed's "Temptation of Elminster" novel, has anyone written FR fiction set in the Wizard's Reach area?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2016 :  02:22:53  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't think of anything. That section below Aglarond never got much attention at all except whenever the Salamander War happened (well, that and noting that they broke away from Unther long ago).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2016 :  20:07:59  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The closest, AFAIK, were:
The Council of Blades - Chessenta / Chondath
The Simbul's Gift - Aglarond.
Red Magic - Thay.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2016 :  23:07:51  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bob Salvatore had some scenes in Delthuntle in one of his novels, if I remember rightly. Away from my books right now, though...
love,
THO
P.S. Think it's in "The Companions."

Edited by - The Hooded One on 06 Jun 2016 23:08:59
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2016 :  01:58:30  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Bob Salvatore had some scenes in Delthuntle in one of his novels, if I remember rightly. Away from my books right now, though...
love,
THO
P.S. Think it's in "The Companions."

Ahh yes. Thanks THO. Ed did mention that to me in his last e-mail but for the life of me I couldn't recall which book. Companions is post-Spellplague so nothing that affects my project. All good and thanks again.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2016 :  08:46:23  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh, what project is this involving the wizards reach. Have you expanded the scope of your history of the ancient nar.
I notice yoy were still searching for netheril lore a few months ago is there any link there?

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2016 :  14:33:21  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Ooh, what project is this involving the wizards reach. Have you expanded the scope of your history of the ancient nar.
I notice yoy were still searching for netheril lore a few months ago is there any link there?

There's always links. My projects are like the invasion of Russia - they start narrow and then get wider and wider ... just piecing a few things together. Lots and lots of lore gaps to fill though.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2016 :  17:32:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

There's always links. My projects are like the invasion of Russia - they start narrow and then get wider and wider ... just piecing a few things together. Lots and lots of lore gaps to fill though.

-- George Krashos

And then get bogged down and stopped by cold weather?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2016 :  18:06:00  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well thats what these halls are for. When you have been toiling away for days and all you have managed is a plotline worthy of a 5E adventure path then you come to the halls and someone always coughs up an interesting idea.

I take it you will be keeping those links to yourself then george (until it gets released of course). May i enquire if there is a netheril link does it pertain to the first or nether age (one im finishing the other im starting) as if hate to contradict your work in any way (we are all still developing in a shared world after all, even if wotc isnt anymore).

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2016 :  19:56:53  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
George: You may want to read my novel UNHOLY, or at least the opening section.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2016 :  05:09:48  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

George: You may want to read my novel UNHOLY, or at least the opening section.

Thanks for the heads up Richard. Much appreciated.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000