Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Songs and Swords
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Choggs
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2016 :  01:06:14  Show Profile Send Choggs a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm working on finishing the Sword and Songs series. Does anyone have any suggestions where I should go next? I'm trying to get the most out of The Forgotten Realms setting.

Mod edit: Found this one floating in the ethers and relocated it.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 29 Apr 2016 05:32:35

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2016 :  05:33:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two questions, before we can give any advice:

1) What all have you read?

2) What are you interested in?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Choggs
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2016 :  18:20:01  Show Profile Send Choggs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going with War of the Spider Queen by Byers.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2016 :  23:57:41  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anything by Elaine Cunningham :)

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Choggs
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2016 :  18:20:29  Show Profile Send Choggs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll go back to Cunningham after this series. Yes she's something.
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2016 :  19:29:27  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finder's Stone trilogy is also very good, I find the writing hits me the way Elaine's work does.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2016 :  18:32:06  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Choggs

I'm going with War of the Spider Queen by Byers.

That's actually a project series of 6 books with 6 different authors.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Cyric78
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2016 :  03:36:36  Show Profile Send Cyric78 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's kind of impossible to finish Elaine Cunningham's series when she didn't complete writing it. Sadly, her last book was canceled years ago... :'(
I absolutely loved her characters. Danilo Than has to be the most awesome Bard character I've ever read. Elaith "The Serpent" rivals Jarlaxle as my favorite Neutral Evil Roguish character, and Arilyb Moonblade was probably my favorite female character I've ever had the pleasure to read about...

I was excited when i heard she planned a final book in the series called Reclamation. But WOTC canceled it for some unknown reason back in like 2008.. I literally emailed Ms Cunningham and expressed my shock, disappointment, and sadness regarding the books csncelation. I even asked her if she could reveal what happens... lol.. She actually replied to me a few days later. But,,, unfortunately she could not tell me any details, lol..

Go to Top of Page

BrianDavion
Seeker

71 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2016 :  10:10:57  Show Profile Send BrianDavion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
assuming you haven;'t read it already, make sure you read "Evermeet: Island of the Elves" even if its not offically classed as part of the series, it really ties in closely.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2016 :  15:07:31  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After Song & Swords you should def. read Evermeet, as it has the most direct connection to the characters of the novels... Then Waterdeep which she co-wrote with Ed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000