Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Altumbel
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tmcvicar2
Acolyte

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2016 :  18:37:54  Show Profile Send tmcvicar2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Was doing some research on Altumbel and the islands around it. Came across Dragon Magazine # 216 (April 1995). In the Elminster's Notebook article, Mr Greenwood speaks about Thonn's Fist, Brokenshores and Altarn being overrun by Kobold hordes. He goes into further detail about what is going on also. My question is, what time period does this relate to, there is no indication in the article which year this occurs in. I assume it was current in April 1995 but I am unsure as to which DR year this equates to.

Thanks!

Ancestors could hear
What is happening now
They would turn in their graves
They would all be ashamed
That the land of the free
Has been written in chains
And I know what I want
When the timing is right
Then I'll take what is mine
I am the clansman

Iron Maiden "The Clansman"

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2016 :  08:24:41  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Current in 1995 would've been 1368/1369 DR. Products were published that took place before then, but nothing took place after 1369 that year.

I should point out though, that although it's not at all clear, my reading of that article is not that the kobolds overran those places right in say, the last couple of months, but that they had done so over a longer period (though still the recent past). The article specifically says that they had established farms, dug an extensive tunnel network and that a rainwater lake had formed in the intervening time. That last statement in particular strikes me as something that would take a fair amount of time to occur.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000