Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Penguin Random House jacked up ebook prices
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2016 :  14:29:20  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

This makes me wonder if there was some sort of behind-the-scenes conflict going on, which caused the price increase.

This is pure speculation; I have no facts for or against that idea.

Frankly I think it's Amazon's pricing given that they have the List Pricing crossed out. Maybe there is some deal where Amazon can't drop the price until a certain time? Seems dumb though.

Amazon does not set the price of ebooks anymore. The publishers do.
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2016 :  14:34:59  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Good progress, but not far enough.

I will not pay $15 for an Ebook, I'll just go back to buying secondhand.....which benefits the publisher zero dollars. Their greed has forced me out of the realms fiction for this long, I can now stay where I am a few years behind and save my former realms budget for a tesla 3

The problem with the $15 pricing is I think it might hurt newer authors. I probably wouldn't pay that if I am not sure I will like the author or the book (I'd wait for the paperback to bring the ebook price down). However, for an author I know and like I am perfectly willing to pay this (although the old amazon pricing of $9.99 was better for my budget).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000