Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Swords of Impiltur - Imbar's Inheritance
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2016 :  11:17:43  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The second instalment of the "Swords of Impiltur" series is now up at the DMs Guild. Suitably updated for 5E, the article has also enjoyed a fair amount of lore tweaking to make it "High History of Impiltur"- compliant. As always, happy to field any questions or queries anyone may have.

The next instalment is a while off and is tentatively titled "Sambryl's Blades".

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2016 :  04:40:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Friend Krash, I have put you just the tiniest bit closer to realizing your dreams of being a millionaire.

It's a really tiny bit, considering you're splitting the money with the DM's Guild.

The obvious conclusion is that you need to really start cranking out some more stuff.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2016 :  07:22:34  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Friend Krash, I have put you just the tiniest bit closer to realizing your dreams of being a millionaire.

It's a really tiny bit, considering you're splitting the money with the DM's Guild.

The obvious conclusion is that you need to really start cranking out some more stuff.

I hear you Wooly and am on it. On the weekend I dusted off the old notebooks, sorted out some of the good article ideas, pieced together some partial stuff and revamped some other things. By year's end I should have at least another 8-10 products on the site.

After that I'll evaluate whether it's worth the time and effort!

We can talk about it at the next GENCON.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2016 :  09:18:55  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Surely getting paid something is better than nothing since you were doing all this work anyway before just for the fun of it and adoration of your peers. Then there is always TEGG I have no doubt you will be involved in their FR endeavours somehow.

Out of interest is there anything on damara coming up in your future or this current work? The car insurance stole this months pay packet so I'll buy it next month hopefully

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2016 :  13:46:49  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for uploading the article, it was an enjoyable read.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2016 :  01:57:22  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Surely getting paid something is better than nothing since you were doing all this work anyway before just for the fun of it and adoration of your peers. Then there is always TEGG I have no doubt you will be involved in their FR endeavours somehow.

Out of interest is there anything on damara coming up in your future or this current work? The car insurance stole this months pay packet so I'll buy it next month hopefully

I have tinkered with the idea of doing the "High History of the Cold Lands", which would be a history of ancient Narfell, Sossal, Vaasa and Damara ... but we'll see.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Misereor
Learned Scribe

164 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2016 :  08:00:43  Show Profile Send Misereor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos
I have tinkered with the idea of doing the "High History of the Cold Lands", which would be a history of ancient Narfell, Sossal, Vaasa and Damara ... but we'll see.

***excited panting***

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder, stronger, in a later edition.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2016 :  10:32:47  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An expanded high history timeline is something to look forward to. I'm not sure now wether to hurry or delay my cold lands sourcebook (not that I'm much beyond the initial idea gathering stage (after the exhausting research stage). I am decided however, with all those racial mixes and factions cOmbined with a weak monarchy, I am turning damara into a hotbed of intrigue

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2016 :  19:49:51  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My only complaint is that I misspell George's last name at least three different times before I finally find him. :P Maybe I'm just being noob, but I can't find a follow George function. Am I missing something?
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2016 :  20:02:47  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just look for the products by the scribes thread below this one. I'm putting links to works by people we know frequent here in there for an easy find

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page