Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The spellplague and Mythals
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fendrikor
Learned Scribe

Australia
189 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2016 :  12:37:47  Show Profile Send Fendrikor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have read that the Spellplague disabled the wards of Silvermoon and blew up Halruua.

But what happened to Mythdrannor and Evereska's Mythals - and even to Waterdeeps Mythalar?

If anyone could point me to some information on this id be greatful!

'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2016 :  13:37:19  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Waterdeep's mythal disintegrating would lead to most of city falling into Undermountain if I remember right. Kind of curious too about why some are affected and some are not.
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2016 :  17:37:31  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Magic that could sustain itself (forming a mini-weave) was largely exempt from the spellplagues effects. Magic weapons, permanent magic enchantments, illusions, and artifacts were usually untouched by it, while charged and primed magic explosively burst from its bonds causing most mayhem.

Another explanation was that most stabilized magic fields that fed themselves like mythals and mythallars had been buffeted but not broken by the blue-flamed eddies resulting from the azure clouded spellstorms that plagued Abeir-Toril. So Silvery Moons Mythal and Waterdeeps Mythallar formed solid barriers that whethered the spellstorms and protected the magics and people within their shells from the worst effects of the Spellplague.

Furthermore, the intensity and size of the Azure Storms were greater in the more southerns regions, where the lands were hit hardest with planar transposition of Abeir over Unther and Mulhorand and the Azure Storms actually scoured the land at the ground level and below, turning massive chunks of Halruua, the Shaar, the Vilhon Reach and Chondath areas into Plaguechanged Lands. Faerun proper, being several hundreds of miles away from that center of the biggest Spellstorm, was relatively safe from all this, and had mostly to deal with gravitational anomalies leading to levitation of large chunks of earth; i.e. the creation of earthmotes.

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2016 :  03:39:43  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, this forum has revealed that Halruaa was not actually "blown up" after all.
Go to Top of Page

Storyteller Hero
Learned Scribe

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2016 :  04:11:14  Show Profile  Visit Storyteller Hero's Homepage Send Storyteller Hero a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many of the Halruaan wizards died from their spells and stored arcane energies going haywire with the Weave collapsing. The image of people's heads exploding from the Gantz manga comes to mind.

My Blog: https://www.facebook.com/Johnnys-Tabletop-RPG-Design-Blog-1697026710539149/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

My DMG Shop: http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?x=0&y=0&author=Johnny%20Tek

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000