Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 For those who have already posted work
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2016 :  15:01:12  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
While I'm interesting in posting up to DMs Guild, I'm also wondering what kind of "setup" there is to posting things there for sale. Do you have to fill out some kind of paperwork, and where do you go for that, etc....? How do you get your money? Is there some option for receiving DMs Guild credits?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2016 :  15:02:54  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and I'm actually really interested in the credits idea. I don't think I'd make a lot of cash, but if it can fuel my interests in looking at other people's stuff, great. They may not even have anything like this.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Bulak
Acolyte

Netherlands
26 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2016 :  09:51:59  Show Profile Send Bulak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Setting up a new item on DMsGuild is a very simple process. It's all done by filling in a single webpage. The 'paperwork' is an 'I agree' box below some legal text. Apart from requiring a One Bookshelf account, there is no prior startup process.
You can go see for yourself: go to your account page on DMsGuild and click 'Enter new title', in My content. You can just view the page without actually uploading anything.

Although this is probably obvious: you (can) have one account for all One Bookshelf sites - RPGnow, DriveThruRPG, DMsGuild, etc.
The money you make on DMs Guild goes to account credit of the One Bookshelf account. So you can spend in on DMs Guild, but also on any other OBS site. You can also withdraw it via PayPal, but there's a $2 fee for each withdrawal.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2016 :  19:45:14  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was curious about this too, as I was thinking of uploading some content. I noticed you can upload a pdf, but some of the work I have seen is on "paper" that looks like it is from a D&D sourcebook. How do you get that vs just a standard pdf file you have (such as when I convert a doc to a pdf)? I think I had the link for it once, but I lost it.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2016 :  01:25:45  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You may want to try this: http://www.naturalcrit.com/homebrew/

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2016 :  22:32:46  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a .zip file of all the different page backgrounds from the D&D books I own that have been converted to .pdf format (parchment, lined paper, rice paper, etc.). I did that in hopes of using it for my own campaign writings, but have shared the file with several people here...I assume that they either found the file on the site I host it at (since at the time, my internet access was limited to what I could use around town), but I have also sent the .zip file to several scribes here through email, as they did not have an account at the hosting site to download the file. I wouldn't be surprised if the file has been shared by those who use DM's Guild and really I don't mind, as I would rather share it with everyone who would like to use it (as I don't charge money for the page backgrounds, I really have no worries of any trouble).

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000