Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Return of the Shoon Imperium: Timeline bits.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2016 :  16:00:03  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Here is a little bit of my timeline I am working on.

1385 DR: During the Spellplague while performing a ritual involving a clone, Qysar Shoon VII was returned to life by accident due to the side effects of the Spellplague. Seeing this as an opportunity to restore the Shoon empire, Qysar Shoon VII begins work on clearing out Shoonach by enslaving monsters such as ogres, gnolls and undead. They are commanded to clear out the ruins.

1387 DR: Most of the ruins have been cleared of monsters and it’s original magics restored.

1390 DR: Work on the ancient city begins with plans to restore the city to it’s original glory. Thousands of workers, craftsmen, and even wizards are hired to do the work.

1392 DR: Qysar Shoon VII takes the Sorceress Al Zahara Nejem of Calimport as his bride.

1394 DR: Qysar Shoon VIII is born.

1395 DR: Aziz Shoon is born.

1396 DR: The last child of Qysar Shoon VII is born, the daughter Husniyah Shoon.

I may reveal a bit more as I continue to work on it. I may revise a few things here and there but it's just a rough draft.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2016 :  00:31:41  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like where this is going. What would be interesting is if parts of the old Shoon Empire happily embrace a return of the Shoon Imperium. Tethyr and the elves would resist, but would Amn (or parts of it), and some parts of Calimshan?

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2016 :  06:02:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me, I'd make it a few years earlier, have Shoonie be behind the Sothillisian War, with some additional, secret goal -- maybe a particular artifact or something -- in mind.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Cyrinishad
Learned Scribe

300 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2016 :  13:46:14  Show Profile Send Cyrinishad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cool. This idea has a lot of interesting potential scenarios to explore... keep brainstorming and adding to this scroll. Now I know I'm going to be rereading some lore on the Shoon Imperium later today.

To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. -Socrates

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2016 :  15:09:12  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shoonach would have been a sweet place to get an Undermountain (the first box set) treatment.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2016 :  18:42:09  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the input lads!

You know, I find the beginning and the end to be the easiest part. It's always the "middle" that can be such a pain in the face. I have my overall present day idea already in my head and I really want to reveal it but I don't want to spoil it.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  15:34:26  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay here is more. Now I'm just playing with the idea at the moment. Nothing is definite yet.

1399 DR: Qysar Shoon VII begins having repeated dreams involving a white skull, a grand temple, and a set of tomes.

1400 DR: First born Shoon VIII begins his magical training at the age of six.

1402 DR: Shoon VII commissions wizards using Lyres of Building to begin the long task of creating a great temple to the White Skull in Shoonach. Aziz Shoon begins his magical training.

1405 DR: Shoon VII begins taking Longevity potions to hold back his aging.

1406 DR: Groups of people from Tethyr and Calimshan begin to settle in Shoonach as more and more of the city is restored.

1408 DR: Qysar Shoon VII finds and battles the dragon Iryklagathra reclaiming the Staff of Shoon by using an enhanced Locate Object spell. Barely escaping, old Sharpfangs swears vengeance against Shoon.

#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Edited by - Shadowsoul on 26 Jan 2016 15:35:19
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000