Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Classic Modules Today Project (DMs Guild)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2016 :  04:15:13  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Stan Shinn is a gamer that has provided a whole lot of free, useful tools to the Google+ community over the last few years for a variety of game systems. He's got a website up now that I think is a really neat idea.

http://classicmodulestoday.com/

Instead of reinventing the wheel, it's an amped up conversion guide for 5th edition that also has some handing notes for running the adventure.

On top of that, since the world currently supported by the DMs Guild is the Realms, he's got a short conversion guide for adapting it to the Realms.

The adventure conversion I picked up didn't have super deep lore, but it wasn't the kind of off hand "conversion" that a lot of products have either, giving some pretty solid reasons for why you would use X for Y.

Not only do I think this project is a great idea, but I think it's probably a great template for how to handle these kinds of conversions of other adventures. If someone really wanted to update, say, Curse of the Azure Bonds, this format is probably way more logical to follow than a from scratch reconstruction would be.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000