Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Dream Spheres/ Reclamation timeline
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2016 :  13:43:15  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi, fellow sages!

I've already asked this in Mrs. Cunningham's thread, but maybe you can help me with this:

I've seen that most of the events in Dream Spheres begin at the first harvest balls and festivals of 1368 DR, and that the 1st chapter of Reclamation is set in 29 Eleint of the same year, and the text says:

"She [Arilyn] flexed her gloved hands. Not much more than a ten-day past, they'd been blackened and nearly skeletal."

I have a campaign running in Waterdeep at this period, and I'd like to know which of the events from the novels were known to all in the city, and exactly when they occurred - like the dates of assembling and departure of the sky caravan, the presence of the wild elves in the city, the buzz caused by prince Haedrak's arrival in Waterdeep and the time of his departure to Tethyr. Could you enlighten me with a timeline, as precise as you can?

EDIT: No one here? Mrs. Cunningham helped a bit but couldn't remember the dates because the novels were written a long time ago... She told me that the first harvest balls could have happened in early Eleasias. I think I'll try determine dates by reading the novel again, finding the intervals between the events and finally going backward in the calendar, a lot of work... I'd appreciate if someone could spare me of doing it!

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)

Edited by - Barastir on 06 Jan 2016 15:21:33

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2016 :  17:37:46  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's difficult to pinpoint an exact timeline so this is the best I think I can do:

The Sky Caravan left less than a tenday after the Gemstone Ball, which is the very last fete of the summer season in Waterdeep.

According to Steven Schend, Haedrak secretly arrived in Waterdeep on Highharvestide but a grand gala was held to announce his arrival to the city's nobility later that day. He was gone by early Uktar after four weeks of recruiting for his army.

The elves showed up after Highharvestide but before Haedrak left the city.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2016 :  10:56:34  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo
(...)
The elves showed up after Highharvestide but before Haedrak left the city.

Thank you very much, hashimashadoo. I think I'll have to alter the events a bit, for according to the Reclamation excerpt, Arilyn arrives in Tethyr before High Harvestide.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page