Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 What are you reading? (2018)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3082 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2018 :  12:15:23  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished Van Richten's Guide to Werebeasts and starting VR's Guide to the Created.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30811 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2018 :  18:48:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finished the Mistborn trilogy last night... Wow, what a ride! I heartily recommend those books to any who haven't read them.

Right now, I'm revisiting Ready Player One. The Rook will likely be next, since that's how I first read those two books. I may or may not follow The Rook with its kinda sequel, Stiletto. I say "kinda" because it builds on the original story, and the main character from The Rook does put in a couple of appearances, but Stiletto has a different cast of main characters. It's an enjoyable story, but The Rook was something very unique -- Stiletto doesn't have that uniqueness, because it's not world-building, it's adding on to it. Plus, in addition to the world-building, The Rook made very clever use of the amnesiac main character trope -- which wouldn't work a second time, for the same setting.

Either way, after these 2 or 3 rereads, I'll go back and pick up something else new to read. I'm not sure what, yet, but my birthday considerably expanded my to-read pile, and some of those new reads have already caused me to buy more books from the Amazon...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Taleras
Seeker

55 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2018 :  22:56:39  Show Profile Send Taleras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I finished the Mistborn trilogy last night... Wow, what a ride! I heartily recommend those books to any who haven't read them.

I just finished The Final Empire and then decided to take a break with The Orc King. I was thinking of taking a break in between each Mistborn as they were not quite as thrilling as the Stormlight Archive books have been. Although I must say the end ramped up a LOT! I am excited to finish the trilogy.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000