Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Happy Holidays ! What are your reading plans ?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2015 :  20:51:33  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I might look back into my childhood and read pawn of
Prophecy by David weddings. Excited for the next saga in drizzt n friends this February !

“Change is not always growth, but growth is often rooted in change.
Drizzt Do'Urden”

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2015 :  23:35:40  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
David Eddings was my real introduction into fantasy. He always will hold a very special place in my heart. I really hope you enjoy revisiting Garion, Polgara, and the rest. :-)

I'll be looking over my Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide since I traditionally run D&D over Christmas break for my friends and family. When I'm not doing that or reading the sourcebook, I'll have Elaine Cunningham's Elfshadow to keep me on the road in the Realms. :-)

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2015 :  23:54:43  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading the second book in Gary Jennings Aztec series: Aztec Autumn.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2015 :  03:08:12  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eddings*
My bad

Winter is a magical time for Dnd

Drizzt Do'Urden”
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2015 :  06:00:56  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be reading The Wishsong of Shannara.
Go to Top of Page

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2015 :  06:02:25  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shannara was also a good trilogy I enjoyed. Although I did slowly get bored of it.

Star Wars books by Kevin j Anderson were grat

Drizzt Do'Urden”
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2015 :  06:19:48  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, they really were! The books of the Jedi Academy Trilogy were probably the first Star Wars novels I ever read, unless you want to count the Young Jedi Knights books (which Kevin J. Anderson and his wife, Rebecca Moesta, wrote) as novels. (My dad always said they were more like novellas rather than novels, because of the number of pages.)

Edited by - Drustan Dwnhaedan on 21 Dec 2015 06:20:17
Go to Top of Page

froglegg
Learned Scribe

317 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2015 :  15:04:18  Show Profile Send froglegg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will be reading the 5th edition PHB, DMG and MM.

John

Long live Alias and Dragonbait! Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb the Realms need you more then ever!

On my word as a sage nothing within these pages is false, but not all of it may prove to be true. - Elminster of Shadowdale

The Old Grey Box gets better with age!
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2015 :  19:12:50  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ashes of the Tyrant

Shame on WotC for not releasing for christmas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2015 :  21:04:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Going to be doing some traveling to see my wife's family, but I'll be taking plenty of reading material with me. I think three books, a couple graphic novels, and if necessary, whatever's on my tablet should be enough for a week.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2015 :  01:43:35  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to finally read through all those supplements I've been collecting: Skullport, Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast, Dwarves Deep, Drizzt's Guide to the Underdark, and Drow of the Underdark.
Go to Top of Page

combatmedic
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2015 :  01:08:43  Show Profile Send combatmedic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas!

I am reading The Black Company, by Glen Cook.

YMMV= Your Mileage May Vary. I'm putting it here so I don't have to type it in every other post. :)
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2015 :  03:43:18  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My first book was the Hobbit, followed by Narnia, then a novel called Tanith, you guys probably have never heard of it, but I picked it off the self because the cover had a gorgeous nude blond on it riding a flying goat.

But I'm looking forward to Ashes of the Tyrant.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2015 :  13:42:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

My first book was the Hobbit, followed by Narnia, then a novel called Tanith, you guys probably have never heard of it, but I picked it off the self because the cover had a gorgeous nude blond on it riding a flying goat.

But I'm looking forward to Ashes of the Tyrant.

I've heard of Tanith, though I know nothing about it.

But what is The Hobbit?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2015 :  08:49:41  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm currently reading sphere by Michael Crichton

Drizzt Do'Urden”
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000