Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A New PrC to enjoy!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2015 :  16:10:33  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just thought I'd copy this that I made on the Facebook group for you folks. Anyways, in light of next year's Candlekeep Presents seminar dealing with villains in the Realms, I came up with this idea. Hope you like it. :)

Eldreth Veluuthra Enforcer (adaptation of the Scar Enforcer from Races of Destiny)
Hit Die: d8.
Becoming an Eldreth Veluuthra Enforcer
Most Enforcers start out as Rogues or Rangers before taking up the cause. Some may take levels in the Fighter or Barbarian classes to improve their melee capabilities, but such classes are not predominant. Bards are also not unheard of in such, but most bards chafe at the idea of giving up advancement in their bardic music abilities or the stunted spellcasting progression. Sorcerers or Wizards are not unheard of, but they lack of steady spellcasting progression is a general turn-off for most. Monks are exceedingly rare, almost unheard of. Given the alignment requirement, Paladins are basically forbidden from such, and practically no clerics - at least of the Seldarine that the Blade of the People worship but get no blessing - exist that are Enforcers. Dexterity (for stealth), Wisdom (for sniffing out targets or surviving in the wilds) and Charisma (for dialogue and class abilities) are key abilities for you.
Entry Requirements
Race: Any Elf (except for Drow).
Alignment: Any nongood.
Base Attack Bonus: +3
Skills: Bluff or Intimidate 8 ranks, Hide 4 ranks, Move Silently 4 ranks.
Class Skills (6 + Int modifier per level): Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Disguise, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (Local), Knowledge (Nature), Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival and Tumble.
Class Features
You are meant as an agent who furthers the goals of your ilk - the return of all former Elven lands to their rightful owners. You're best off striking from hiding - whether in public or in the wilds - to be-rid humans and their half-breed ilk from what is rightfully yours.
Base Attack Bonus: As per the Rogue class.
Saving Throw Bonuses: As per the Bard class.
Spells Per Day: +1 to spellcasting class every even-numbered level.
Favored Enemy (Ex): As a member of the People, you gain a +2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot and Survival checks when using these skills against Humans or Half-elves. Likewise, you gain a +2 bonus on weapon damage against these races. See the Ranger class feature, page 47 of the Player's Handbook.
Smite Human (Su): Once per day starting at 2nd level, you can deliver a powerful melee attack to a Human or Half-elf foe. You add your Charisma bonus (if any) on your attack roll and deal an extra 1 point of damage per class level). If you accidentally smite a creature that is neither a human or a half-elf, the smite has no effect but is used for the day.
At 5th level, you can use this ability twice per day. At 8th level, you can use this ability three times per day.
Sneak Attack (Ex): Beginning at 3rd level, you deal extra damage when flanking an opponent or any time the target would be denied its Dexterity bonus (except on ranged attacks, which must be point-blank to deliver the extra damage). See the Rogue class feature, page 50 of the Player's Handbook.
Camouflage (Sp): Starting at 4th level, you can use Camouflage (as the spell featured in Underdark) three times per day.
Hide in Plain Sight (Ex): Beginning at 7th level, you can use the Hide skill even in natural terrain even while being observed. See the Ranger class feature, page 48 of the Player's Handbook.
Unite the People (Ex): At 10th level, you become an exemplar to all elves of what is right for your people. You gain a +4 competence bonus on all dialogue checks to influence an Elf (except for Drow) to support your cause.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2015 :  14:59:58  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This seems slightly under-powered to me, however I run a mostly elven campaign of this sort. I will try to play test it. There are a few Scribes 'round here that are much more educated in 3.5 (?) mathematics and such than I. Your concept is great. I love it. Looking forward to other Scibes replies regarding the balance of your work.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2382 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2015 :  22:41:34  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In that DR is not appropriate here, but spellcasting has nothing to do with the concept at all.
"Smite" here is just another copycat of already mindlessly overused 3.5 meme.
"Unite the People" - let me doubt that.

Overall, it's not an improvement over "Justice of Weald and Woe". Which goes in the opposite direction and is just kind of generic forest sniper.
Except the Favored Enemy - which obviously makes more sense.
Spell use tweaks IMO are Bad Idea (breaks incapsulation of classes on the sly) and are obsolete in the first place due to free multiclassing.
quote:
(adaptation of the Scar Enforcer from Races of Destiny)
Wouldn't it be better to start with Assassin? Or if you don't want to muck with spell lists too, something like "Foe Hunter" (Masters of the Wild). And replace features until it fits.
Hated Enemy: keep.
Rancor: replace with Sudden Strike.
Damage Reduction,Spell Resistance: replace with Woodland Stride, Trackless Step, Uncanny Dodge, Ambush, Team Defense, etc.
Death Attack: give it earlier, ultimately it's a variant assassin.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch

Edited by - TBeholder on 16 Dec 2015 02:49:33
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000