Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Realms Online Gaming Session w/Ed
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alefian
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2015 :  16:35:25  Show Profile Send Alefian a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ed posted this in his Facebook feed in case anyone here is interested in checking it out. Hope it's appropriate to share this news here...

"It's rare that I DM the Realms online, so if you want to see what a pickup Forgotten Realms session, set in (well, mainly under) the North Ward of Waterdeep, looks like . . .
I can't promise no tentacles. ;}"

So, this is happening: Saturday, Nov. 21st, 7 p.m. CST: D&D game.

The players: Gregory Wilson, Erik Scott de Bie, Chris A. Jackson, Peter V. Brett, Myke Cole, and myself.

The Dungeonmaster: Ed Greenwood

Greg will be streaming the session on his Twitch channel. Hope you can join us to watch what should be an epic game for many, many reasons!

http://www.twitch.tv/arvaneleron

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2015 :  16:38:56  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do believe I am going to watch this!
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2015 :  16:51:05  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, thanks for sharing!

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2015 :  17:25:46  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazing!
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2015 :  17:48:57  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow this is so cool (in the nerdit way..)
Only thing that would be more awesome was if Candlekeep hosted a competition where the top five or so won an online session with Ed.

;)
;)
;)

Please?
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2015 :  19:53:23  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've always heard tales, but never seen the master in action. This is going to be a treat. :)
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2015 :  20:12:08  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It would be a ton of fun to partake in one of these.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2015 :  20:38:15  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome! Best of luck to the players, and may all have fun!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2015 :  21:48:38  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be tuning in to this myself, but I'm going to be busy gaming.

Oh wait!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2015 :  22:05:42  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn you! *shakes fist*

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2015 :  01:25:39  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just out of curiosity, but has it been stated what year this will take place?
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2015 :  01:39:20  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm really, really tempted to cancel my regular game session for this... is it going to be recorded and available to watch later?

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Trodair
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2015 :  13:34:46  Show Profile Send Trodair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great news....on my birthday too.
Shame i will be away from PC that evening. Oh well hope someone records it
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2015 :  01:00:50  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perfect way to spend a Sunday morning.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2015 :  03:24:50  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Perfect way to spend a Sunday morning.

-- George Krashos

This hurt my brain - I forgot you're located on another continent.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2015 :  08:52:03  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sat in on one of these years ago when Ed was the guest of honor at UCon at Michigan. It was, indeed, very cool.

Though since I'm in Europe, I might need to stay up really late for this. So I'll second the earlier question: will it be recorded?

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2015 :  16:46:54  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can attempt to record it, never really used Camtasia before so no promises!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2015 :  20:28:39  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A not-so-little bearded bird told me tonight's adventure (8 PM EST, 7 pm CST, 5 pm PST; will be recorded) will be set in 1490 DR/the Year of the Star Walker's Return.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2015 :  20:43:06  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who's wondering if Halaster is going to give everyone a big kiss tonight? Hehehe
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2015 :  21:53:59  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh wonderful. That means I don't need to stay up to 2 AM. On the even brighter side, now I know what I'll be watching tomorrow. :)

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2015 :  22:01:37  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty stoked. Never had the opportunity to hear Ed DM before. :)
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2015 :  01:28:00  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bummer. I'm here, and I can only see the chat. Player doesn't play.

The player works once I turn on all the autoplay permissions, but now it's lagged out.

Sortakinda fixed!

Still looking forward to the recorded version and hoping for the best.

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 22 Nov 2015 03:24:12
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2015 :  02:54:53  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope the players have fun tonight.

The recording should be interesting to watch. I can't see it tonight because we're watching the Cotto-Alvarez fight tonight.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2015 :  04:17:06  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is great listening to these guys play. Lol
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2015 :  07:45:07  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THO,

Please tell Ed this was a blast and a ton of fun to listen to tonight! Any thoughts on trying this for a home Realms campaign session?

If possible I wouldn't mind knowing more about the Nath. Pretty friendly for an Underdark monster. Is it really the only one in the Realms? Is it an Underdark native or transplant from elsewhere?

Anything that can be told about that Sharran cult and its leader? Where the Underdark portal leads to?

Fun times!

Edited by - Eilserus on 22 Nov 2015 07:59:14
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2015 :  07:52:07  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yea this was awesome. Thank you Ed!

Wow "skyping" the home game would be great!
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2015 :  08:01:54  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah! Lots of fun & laughter which, after all, is what most tabletop RPGs should be.

Looking forward to the recording being posted.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2015 :  13:12:31  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eagerly waiting for the recorded video. If it is posted today, I'll watch it tonight (my time). Thanks to all those who partecipated to the show!

Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2015 :  14:38:01  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See here for a recording on YouTube: http://www.sageadvice.eu

DM of the Realms: A blog for my Forgotten Realms adventures.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2015 :  14:52:19  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JohnLynch

See here for a recording on YouTube: http://www.sageadvice.eu

Thank you

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2015 :  15:56:04  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that link, JohnLynch.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000