Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Everlund 5e
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bigbluepaw
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2015 :  15:54:28  Show Profile Send bigbluepaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey folks. Am looking at starting a campaign set in Everlund.

Anyone have insight into the current state of the city given the Darkening? Have they specifically named anyone on the council of six? Is Aleina Brightlance affiliated with the city somehow? Any insight would be tremendously helpful.

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2015 :  19:22:38  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, Everlund doesn't even appear on Mike Schley's latest maps.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

bigbluepaw
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2015 :  02:54:38  Show Profile Send bigbluepaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it is shown on this map.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6Ut-MU2O3EM/U-NqbSKQXnI/AAAAAAAACDw/WZ1MhGLshjE/s1600/Map+-+Sword+Coast+828+x+1188.jpg

But I'm not sure it is official or not.

It was mentioned in Brimstone Angels: Lesser Evils very briefly. So I think I have the freedom within which to build it the way I want. There is enough 3.5e and 4e that I can project what is happening now given.
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2015 :  03:16:37  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It doesn't seem to be in the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. A quick scan of the 3e FRCS and a read of 4e and there is no meaningful difference in how the town is represented in each edition. As such I'd say it's more of the same. The only pertinent fact is that Luruar (an alternate name to the Silvery Marches) is no longer strongly allied following some recent attacks and the failure of some allies to respond. Any ties between settlements are on an individual basis rather than as a collective. Everlund is not part of the Lord's Alliance, although it could have been or it might soon be (if you want to explore that).

DM of the Realms: A blog for my Forgotten Realms adventures.
Go to Top of Page

bigbluepaw
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2015 :  11:04:38  Show Profile Send bigbluepaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome. Thanks John.
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2015 :  00:27:41  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad I could help.

DM of the Realms: A blog for my Forgotten Realms adventures.
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2015 :  02:28:52  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigbluepaw

Well, it is shown on this map.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6Ut-MU2O3EM/U-NqbSKQXnI/AAAAAAAACDw/WZ1MhGLshjE/s1600/Map+-+Sword+Coast+828+x+1188.jpg

But I'm not sure it is official or not.

That's an official map, though not THE official map - if you understand my meaning. Jared Blando is an extremely talented freelance artist who was chief cartographer for Dragon Magazine (back when it still existed) since 2010.

In short, that's an official 4e map, but not a 5e one.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000