Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 What If? My realms 1489 DR
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  01:29:01  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've finished putting together my notes for my next campaign (after years of working on them on and off) and it's intended to occur in 1357 DR. However I've recently returned back to my home city and am going to be playing with my old 4e group (now with 5e) and I'm considering upgrading the campaign to the 5e era due to the high quality of the new supplement (based on previews) and for nostalgic effect. Surprisingly the campaign seems to work just as well in 1491 as it would in 1357. The names of NPCs are all changed as are their motives, but the campaign overall remains intact.

So here is my update of the Sea of Fallen Stars region. It will likely contradict official canon, but it's my updated version of the area from 4e to 5e. Starting with Sembia.

Sembia
When the Shade Enclave came crashing down it signaled the end of the Empire of Netheril. It didn't take long for those discontents to rise up and assassinate the leaders. Riots temporarily flared up in the cities but within a month peace had returned to the streets although with one minor, but significant, difference. All of the Netheril puppets had been killed and the Church of Shar had either fled Sembia's borders or had gone underground.

This could have ushered in a new era of peace within the Sea of Fallen Stars. The new leaders of Sembia sent word to Urmlaspyr and Daerlun expecting these cities to welcome returning to Sembia. Instead Cormyr sent up a contingent Purple Dragons and the city-states reiterated their desire for neutrality. This led to a continuation of ages old conflict between Sembia and Cormyr once more.

In the early days of Sembia's new era a Ruling Council led the now independent realm. Made up of the leaders of the rebel cells that had continued to remain a thorn in Netheril's side, they do not fear getting their hands dirty. Much speculation and debate occurred over what to do with the merchants who had cooperated and even thrived under the Netherese. One such debate was underway within the Ruling Council when a conglomerate of the merchant princes barged their way in. The council was informed, in carefully worded phrases, that the merchants were poised to send their wealth off to the other nations of the Inner Sea and bring the economy of Sembia to it's knees. Today Sembia is led by the Ruling Council who listen and consider the advice tendered to them by the Merchants Guild. How much influence the merchant princes truly wield is unknown. It is believed that some on the council have allowed themselves to be completely bought and are little more than mouthpieces for the merchants. But to what extant the council is controlled in this way is a mystery. What's more, the merchants seem to disagree more and more as time goes on limiting the collective power they can wield.

[edit]: Changed year to likely the official year.

DM of the Realms: A blog for my Forgotten Realms adventures.

Edited by - JohnLynch on 26 Oct 2015 05:11:06

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  23:20:23  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a snapshot of the Dalelands of 1489 DR.

Dalelands

Since the fall of the Empire of Netheril the Dalelands have felt a small reprieve, but only a brief one. During the Empire’s time Tasseldale, Featherdale, and Scardale were firmly controlled by the Empire’s vassal state, Sembia. Today Scardale has no true dalelanders left to want independence. Featherdale has ostensibly been given its independence, however it thrived as part of Sembia and so it retains strong connections with [[Sembia]] and very little has changed with their newfound independence. Tassledale fought for their indpendence and won it quite quickly in the confusion as Sembia wrested free of the Empire of Netheril. Sembia has neglected to regain control over Tassledale but word is that certain factions are continuing to eye the dale and the strategic value it promised. The merchants of Sembia are quick to dismiss such claims, however, and blame Netheril for its actions in taking over parts of the Dalelands.

When Myth Drannor was invaded the elves fled, many traveling to their allies in New Velar of Harrowdale. When the city was subsequently destroyed the spirit of the elves broke. Some sun elves have since left New Velar to reinhabit their old settlements but most have remained in New Velar itself causing the city to grow dramatically. It is currently the largest city of the Dalelands and is growing larger every day.

Highdale was ostensibly linked with Cormyr but it never felt any true benefits from that so called protection. Now that the Empire of Netheril is no more, the independent nature of the dalelanders is kicking in and many within the dale want these foreigners out of their borders so that Highdale can become truly independent once more.

Unbeknownst to all, Tarkhaldale continues to house a remnant of Netheril’s forces. They coordinate the efforts of their spies and agents who were stationed in the various lands of the Sea of Fallen Stars and work to carry out their plots to see the restoration of the Empire. However some of these agents have managed to elude their new handlers and are working purely for themselves while Tarkhaldale remains beseiged by the Saurian who were driven down into the Underdark.

Edited by - JohnLynch on 26 Oct 2015 05:11:35
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2015 :  00:55:30  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Impiltur

With the arrival of the Spellplague Impiltur became more dangerous than ever. However when the Sea of Fallen Stars retreated the government had the foresight to continue building down to the new coastline and so New Sarshel was born. This gave the struggling Impiltur a much needed boom as trade to this forgotten kingdom renewed once more. However with the rising of the Sea of Fallen Stars New Impiltur was abandoned as the city was swallowed up by the sea. With some difficulty everyone was relocated to old Sarshel (known today as Sarshel), however the ruins of New Sarshel prove far too treacherous for ships to dock at Sarshel and so the trade that was the lifeblood of the city has drained from it.

Today Lyrabar is Impiltur's primary (and only) port. Many of Impiltur's wealthy merchants have emigrated to other ports within the inner sea, but enough remain in Lyrabar to keep it on the map. However as the demon attacks continue to plague the kingdom while other ports enjoy a more stable realm, more and more merchants are fleeing Impiltur. If this continues Impiltur will be a forgotten kingdom of nothing but ruin.

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2015 :  01:52:30  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to note that I'm watching and appreciate this thread. I really don't have anything to contribute right now, but I don't want you to feel like you're posting and not really getting any feedback. Thank you.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2015 :  02:03:08  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Just wanted to note that I'm watching and appreciate this thread. I really don't have anything to contribute right now, but I don't want you to feel like you're posting and not really getting any feedback. Thank you.

Same here. I almost never comment on these kind of threads, but I like to read them, searching for cool ideas to use in my game.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2015 :  03:11:50  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. I don't know how long I'll keep doing it for but at this point Volo's Guide to Cormyr + 4e FRCG is currently inspiring a lot more plotlines for my next campaign than the 2nd edition version had (largely because more lore = more ideas ;)). The way the Volo's Guide is presented makes the information also fairly portable to any time era. So I'm good to keep going for now :)

Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2015 :  23:26:07  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Taking a break from the regions to write about something quite topical:

Beware the Black Star

Diviner and seer, Llorantyr of Arabel, wrote a paper that made its way around Faerun a couple of years ago titled “Spellplague Myths and Why We Should Still Fear the Black Star”. The paper opens with a description of the various writings that have commented on the Spellplague and the fact it was foreseen in prophecies that described either the death of Azuth or Mystra. This interpretation of the prophecies relates to a figure in ancient Thay called Escalthar Blackstar and relies on the claim that this person was in fact Mystra or Azuth. The paper challenges such views.

Instead the paper draws upon the writings of a sage known only as Jenos the Forgotten, entitled “Interviews with Stardust”. The interview was supposedly with a Zigarun who was a passenger aboard a ship called the Stardust. Zigarun himself claims to have been from the Land of the Blue and was taken from his homeland by the Captain whose known in the writings as the Man of the Stars. Apparently the Stardust Captain wanted Zigarun to travel the realms and warn people of this terrible danger represented by the inhabitants of the Land of the Black Star.

Black Star itself is described as a barren land ruled by spiders. The interview makes outrageous claims like it will take years upon years for the ships of the Black Star to reach faerun but that they were headed here. Given it's impossible to survive a journey across the sea longer than 2 months the claim it would take years upon years is preposterous. Any self respecting loremaster would denounce the so called interviews with Zigarun as a complete fabrication that simply served to lend some credibility to a series of chapbooks whose titles included “Journeys to the Black Star” and “People of the Black Star”. Llorantyr acknowledges the questionable source of the basis of this theory, but he goes on to conclude that the basis for connecting the Spellplague with Mystra’s death are equally questionable and that we should not take it as a foregone conclusion that the prophecies have come to pass.
----
Been reading up on Black Star here at candlekeep when a Google search resulted in an interesting (and fortuitous) find. Based on what's been said here at candlekeep the Black Star was always intended to be a bogeyman of the realms that was always "coming soon". It was decided to link the Black Star with the Spellplague (and to be honest, it does fit quite well). However I've decided to reintroduce the Black Star fears back into my realms and have used Llorantyr of Arabel to do that. It's written from the perspective of an unreliable narrator so that anyone could use this without having to accept that the Black Star prophecies described something terrible looming in the "near future".

It's designed to introduce quite a few adventure ideas. It could be handed to players by the players coming upon a dead traveler and finding a letter addressed to Llorantyr of Arabel that offers a rebuttal to his Black Star land. The players could then seek out Llorantyr who might have ideas on how to prove (or disprove) his theory of the Black Star referring to something other than the Spellplague. If the theory is correct then there is definitely a danger that could spark further adventures in trying to learn more about the threat and then finding ways to prepare for it.

Edited by - JohnLynch on 27 Oct 2015 23:34:27
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2015 :  01:02:14  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Empire of Netheril

When the Shade Enclave left for Myth Drannor the Spire of the Phaerimm reappeared as if perfectly timed. Upon its appearance the Empire began being drained of life, transforming Netheril into a desert once more. Those Shade who had been left behind did not sit idly and marched onto the Spire to vanquish whoever resided within. It is presumed they were successful for the spire disappeared but it was too late. Netheril was no more and the Anauroch Desert had returned.

Today those Netherese who were abroad when the flying enclaves came crashing down are all that survive of the empire. Most have fled to the other nations and are hesitant to reveal their history, lest they receieve the retribution that some wish they could personally visit onto the now dead rulers of Netheril.

Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2015 :  00:47:09  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Dale

Sandwiched between Narfell and Thesk, the Great Dale is considered a vast wilderness by most. The land is speckled with lonely farmsteads and clanholds, guarded by druids and rangers who enjoy their solitude and protect their homes with a vengeance. Few foreigners have reason to journey to the Great Dale, and that’s just how its inhabitants like it. The most prominent feature of the Great Dale is this long, windswept gap between the Forest of Lethyr and the Rawlinswood.

Calling the Great Dale home are wood elves, forest gnomes,chondathan humans and the lythari.

Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2015 :  01:37:48  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some previous posts that are still relevant in this Realms:

Lythari and Gondsmen
Chosen in a God-Lite Campaign

Dragonborn
When the Weave returned the Dragonborn who were abroad at the time paid it little heed. They had worshipped no gods so the resurrection of some old faiths had little meaning to the Dragonborn. What’s more Dragonborn spellcasters had never known the benefits provided by casting magic through the Weave so they saw little reason to celebrate it’s return. However as time passed on word began to spread and when the Dragonborn returned to their homeland of Tymanther they instead discovered a human kingdom that called itself Unther. Tymanther had returned back to Abeir and the Untherites were now back in Toril. They were heartbroken, experiencing the loss their parents or grandparents once had when Tymanther was first ripped from the larger nation of Tymanchebar. The Dragonborn on Toril are a race without home or people. Their number greatly reduced, there is little hope for a Dragonborn to find another of their race to love unless they specifically seek their kin out.

Most Dragonborn are not susceptible to such morose thoughts and are instead simply getting on with the business of living. Those who were mercenaries are continuing to be mercenaries. Those who were merchants are continuing to act as merchants. A rare few though are seeking answers. Some are turning to the alien concept of gods and seek out a religion that suits them while others are seeking to unlock ancient mysteries and gain a greater understanding of the mysteries of the world in an attempt to try to understand what has happened and how.

Edited by - JohnLynch on 02 Nov 2015 01:41:46
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2015 :  02:35:53  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JohnLynch

Dragonborn
When the Weave returned the Dragonborn who were abroad at the time paid it little heed. They had worshipped no gods so the resurrection of some old faiths had little meaning to the Dragonborn. What’s more Dragonborn spellcasters had never known the benefits provided by casting magic through the Weave so they saw little reason to celebrate it’s return. However as time passed on word began to spread and when the Dragonborn returned to their homeland of Tymanther they instead discovered a human kingdom that called itself Unther. Tymanther had returned back to Abeir and the Untherites were now back in Toril. They were heartbroken, experiencing the loss their parents or grandparents once had when Tymanther was first ripped from the larger nation of Tymanchebar. The Dragonborn on Toril are a race without home or people. Their number greatly reduced, there is little hope for a Dragonborn to find another of their race to love unless they specifically seek their kin out.

Most Dragonborn are not susceptible to such morose thoughts and are instead simply getting on with the business of living. Those who were mercenaries are continuing to be mercenaries. Those who were merchants are continuing to act as merchants. A rare few though are seeking answers. Some are turning to the alien concept of gods and seek out a religion that suits them while others are seeking to unlock ancient mysteries and gain a greater understanding of the mysteries of the world in an attempt to try to understand what has happened and how.

In my own FR camapign Ive more or less decided that Dragonborn represent 3 seperate "races"

Dragonborn (Abeir refugee)

These are identical to whats found in the 5ed Players handbook these dragonborn are those left behind when Abeir and Toril seperate at the end of the Sundering

Dragonborn (Humanoid Half dragons)

Basicly all humanoid Half dragons are Dragonborn.

House Orogoth's Half Black dragon Ophidian's are Black Dragonborn that have black scales and a part Ophidian part Black dragon appearance

The Blood of Morueme are Blue Dragonborn with a partial hobgoblin features etc

Dragonborn (The Dragon god blessed)

The Dragon deities have transoforming their non dragon followers, priests, Paladins and monks into Dragonborn.

Tiamat: Spawn of the Queen (White, Red, Black, Green and Blue Dragonborn)

Bahamut: Has actually been tranforming his followers into Dragonborn even before the Spellplague hit and Abeir Dragonborn appeared. On page 98 of the 3ed Dragons of Faerun The Sisters of Essembra where creating Dragonborn after the last Dragonrage

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2015 :  03:58:24  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

In my own FR camapign Ive more or less decided that Dragonborn represent 3 seperate "races"
That's the opposite route I've taken. Wherever possible I've given different races different names (e.g. Akanul Genasi are distinct from 3.5e Genasi and so have been renamed Woldsouls with 3.5e Genasi retaining the Genasi name).

quote:

Dragonborn (The Dragon god blessed)

The Dragon deities have transoforming their non dragon followers, priests, Paladins and monks into Dragonborn.

Tiamat: Spawn of the Queen (White, Red, Black, Green and Blue Dragonborn)

Bahamut: Has actually been tranforming his followers into Dragonborn even before the Spellplague hit and Abeir Dragonborn appeared. On page 98 of the 3ed Dragons of Faerun The Sisters of Essembra where creating Dragonborn after the last Dragonrage

I'd forgotten about this little nugget. It would certainly be one way to keep the genetics of Dragonborn alive in Toril, if not the culture. Thanks. I've made a note of that for later reference :)

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2015 :  04:16:29  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

[That's the opposite route I've taken. Wherever possible I've given different races different names (e.g. Akanul Genasi are distinct from 3.5e Genasi and so have been renamed Woldsouls with 3.5e Genasi retaining the Genasi name).

Rather than using different racial stats (mechanics) why not give them access to Backgrounds unique to that branch of the Dragonborn race?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2015 :  05:12:58  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Rather than using different racial stats (mechanics) why not give them access to Backgrounds unique to that branch of the Dragonborn race?
5th edition backgrounds don't really work like that. Whether you were born in Tymanther or born in the Sword Coast you're still going to be either a soldier, merchant, criminal, etc. Even a Bahamut dragonborn is likely to take the Acolyte background while a half-dragon could take a who knows what background.

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2015 :  05:20:41  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

5th edition backgrounds don't really work like that. Whether you were born in Tymanther or born in the Sword Coast you're still going to be either a soldier, merchant, criminal, etc. Even a Bahamut dragonborn is likely to take the Acolyte background while a half-dragon could take a who knows what background.

With the Generic ones yes but there nothing to stop you from creating your own "Spawn of Tiamat" Background

Edit: By the way Good Games website is saying they have Sword Coast adeventures in stock and will be releasing it tomorrow. So it looks like Australia wont have to wait for once

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 02 Nov 2015 05:24:47
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2015 :  05:20:46  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stolen shamelessly from posters here at this forum.

Minotaurs
Minotaurs have lived in various different lands throughout the ages. The most famous Minotaur are those who dwell in the Underdark beneath the Sword Coast. However they are by no means the only minotaurs in Toril.

Unbeknownst to all but a rare handful, a collection of small Minotauran villages existed in one of Thay’s many plateaus. In a remote part of the kingdom, the Plains Minotaurs would occasionally trade with the merchants of Thesk while young minotaurs would go out for adventure. However when the Spellplaguehit and sent Thay hurtling hundreds of feet into the sky, the home of the Minotaurs was irreparably destroyed. They went down to Thesk and have lived there ever since.

Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2015 :  00:13:36  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My wiki finally went live yesterday with links sent to my players. Unfortunately due to me playtesting some material (for potential inclusion in EN5ider or other products) I've had to mark the entire wiki as private. That said, I've included the major elements of pretty much everything that's included and I'll keep copy and pasting stuff here as I can (Logs of future sessions will be posted in Adventurers of Arabel).

A sneak peak at the next adventure, This adventure was always intended to be run for my current group (minus my wife). Unfortunately I ended up moving to the opposite side of the country so I ran the adventure for a different group of players. That adventure is considered canon and the details of that session occurred in 1357 DR. A complete summary would be: Fleeing a thunderstorm, the players sought shelter in a cave and were attacked by undead coming from deeper in the cave. They were killed and the next morning the players caused a cave-in at the cave's entrance to stop any further undead from appearing. The end. Or at least, it was the end for that group (who soon after dismantled due to no-one in the group having fun). The legacy of that adventure is finally causing trouble for Cormyr once more, 132 years later.

For now, here's my take on churches, monasteries and paladin orders.

Gods
Much has been said of the gods of Toril, however in truth the gods themselves do not impact the lives of mortals so much as their clergy. It is their priests who act on behalf of the deities, with there being much room for interpretation as to how the dictates of the gods is best carried out.

When creating a character you can select a patron god from the list below or a few deities to venerate in your daily life. In addition to those listed below you can also worship a god from the Player’s Handbook.
Branches of the Faith

It is common to think of the various churches as being monolithic entities where all of their clergy take on the same role, or that all of their clergy are granted access to spells. In reality this is only true for those who preach their faith in remote regions without any wider connection to other priests of their faith. For the rest, each church typically separates itself into distinct branches.

Classes of the Faith
While clerics and paladins all have a strong connection to their gods, a character of any class could be a priest of a god, from fighter or rogue to wizard or monk. There are no classes assigned to the different branches of the faiths. Even Druidic circles can contain non-Druids (especially rangers and those paladins whom swear the oath of the ancients) among their number.

And here's the entry for Deneir.

Deneir
Creed
Written and drawn information harnesses what it describes, enabling readers and viewers to better live in harmony with the world around them and with each other. In this way, over time the world itself will be improved. Information should be freely available to all, everyone should be literate, and those who destroy or despoil writings, or conceal them, should be punished. Glyphscribes (priests of Deneir) must gather information, copy it, and share it with those who desire it and with their fellow Glyphscribes. Additionally, they should catalog and clearly identify the context of all writings for not to do so is to spread the three sins: ignorance, uncertainty, and speculation. Travel the Realms for at least one of the four seasons of the year and seek out records that are lost in tombs, ruins, and abandoned dwellings; forgotten in storage or in the homes of folk who don’t read; or suppressed by courts, governments, and guilds.

Churches
When the Spellplague wracked the world worship of many of the gods was abandoned and among those who lost their worshipers was Deneir. The church clung on for as long as possible but by 1396 DR most worship of Deneir had been abandoned with the last of the occupied abbeys burning down in 1406 DR.

When the Weave returned much work was furtively done by mages throughout the world to uncover the lost and ancient spells that had ceased to work following the Spellplague. During this time shuttered up abbeys and churches of Deneir were discovered. Some were moved by the gospel of Deneir to take up the cloth and begin preaching for Deneir once more.

The churches of Deneir have dedicated themselves to searching out ancient ruins for lost lore and to preserve and copy the current texts that are within the Churches hands. This has been a painstaking process, but thanks to some support by rich nobles and merchants a single abbey has even been rebuilt and reopened.

All Glyphscribes (as the priests of Deneir are known) are required to swear a vow of charity and to always scribe anything for whomever might ask so long as it is not magical in nature and does not require the priest to call upon his own personal knowledge. And yet no priest carries out this function better than those who choose to wander the world, giving up the right to call a temple their own. Such priests are seen among the common people to truly be one of them. They may be called upon to read a letter for an aging mother or to draw up copies of a contract for two merchants who cannot write in the others language. Such priests may receive small donations, but have sworn to never require more than someone can afford. Taverns in smaller towns will typically put up such priests for free and spread the word that the priest is available, easily making up the cost of the priests stay by those who get a drink as they wait to speak with the priest. In return the priest waives any token fees he may have required.

Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2015 :  23:51:20  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of my players asked if there were any halfling villages that recently burned down in the Dalelands that he could hail from. Considering fires aren't exactly difficult to start, there are many villages in the Dalelands and more than a few would be inhabited by halflings I said of course. After perusing Volo's Guide to the Dalelands and settled on the Hidden Vale in High Dale. I was really shocked to see just how appropriate the Hidden Vale is for this player's character (he's thinking of taking Ranger as a class).

Here's the info I gave him on the High Dale (in addition to what's mentioned at the top of this thread).

High Dale
Located within the Thunder Peak Mountains, it is hardly surprising that this cold and wet dale was the one to fall to the protection of Cormyr. However located in the middle of nowhere, the road that leads through High Dale and connects Cormyr with Archendale is a circuitous route that travels up and down the mountains bordering High Dale to the east and west.

Even more remote is the lazily named Hidden Vale which is located just south of the Twoswords Bridge which crosses Baerast’s Stream. Guarding the Hidden Vale from intruders (both Purple Dragons or otherwise) are large arachnids the size of a small cottage which allows the hairfoot halflings and rock gnomes to live on their farms in peace and quiet. The spiders aren’t particularly dangerous but do look intimidating. When juxtaposed next to a halfling their size only seems even larger. All locals to High Dale simply walk past them without a further second’s thought.

The High Dale would see no trade if not for the fact that many rare plants and herbs grow here that have medicinal and magical properties. Cunning children will reach up to the high ledges and perilous precipices where such herbs grow and earn a tidy of sum of coins selling their finds to those rare few passing merchants.

Around 130 hairfoot halflings call the Hidden Valley home with about half as many rock gnomes making up the rest. They are responsible for growing the famous (and expensive) High Dale Tabac which is the other primary reason for merchants to come to the High Dale. They typically setup a farmer’s market around the bridge rather than require the merchant’s wagons to come to the village green. This is done not only for privacy but also for practical reasons as well as the trail that leads into the valley can be quite treacherous for beasts unaccustomed to it.

Within the village center is a rock gnome blacksmith (who actually has a halfling apprentice), a thatcher and a few other traders as well as the valley’s very own inn called the Happy Halfling (which everyone finds plenty of excuses to visit). Alas not too long ago a fire started within the village center threatened to spread throughout the entire valley. Some quick thinking by a traveling mage managed to douse the fire before it spread too far, but the origins for this fire were quite controversial and mysterious. Rebuilding efforts began soon after, but word of it is still on everyone’s lips and likely will be for the next several decades.
----
This is from the perspective of what a local of the Hidden Vale would know, rather than a brief overview as the other entries have been thus far (each player will get a write up like this one as well as notes on the region they took to travel from their hometown to Arabel. Right now they've got a map that has the major cities located on it (plus Monksblade as it's called out as an example small town) along with the major roads. The map each player will receive will be filled with the small towns and the trails and roads they took. Taken in totality, depending on where they're hailing from, they could gain a very good idea of locations within Cormyr).

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2015 :  00:15:06  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

One of my players asked if there were any halfling villages that recently burned down in the Dalelands that he could hail from. Considering fires aren't exactly difficult to start, there are many villages in the Dalelands and more than a few would be inhabited by halflings I said of course. After perusing Volo's Guide to the Dalelands and settled on the Hidden Vale in High Dale. I was really shocked to see just how appropriate the Hidden Vale is for this player's character (he's thinking of taking Ranger as a class).

Im pretty sure the Hidden vale was a place the God Finder and his party visit in the novels Finders Bane or Tymoras luck if you want to make things interesting you could make his halfling character a descendent of the Kender (Dragonlance Halfing) that traveled with Finder during Tymoras Luck also I recall there was a Temple to Finder in the Hidden vale

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2015 :  00:30:29  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting idea.

Here is a kender writeup for 5th edition. Having a touch of kender (perhaps the bravery trait) would certainly be easy to overlook in day to day lives and could pass unnoticed for quite some time in adventuring life as well (halflings already have advantage on saving throws vs frightened). It'd be interesting to see the player's reaction after 10 levels I finally tell him "actually you pass on a double roll of 1."

Is there any information on how a kender came into the Realms (or at least where they were living in the early days?). I just read up on Flinder Wyvernspur in Elminster Presents Ed Greenwood's Forgotten Realms and it has the least amount of information. Is there anything that details it a bit more? Also does anyone know whether Finder Wyvernspur is details in the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide?

Edited by - JohnLynch on 05 Nov 2015 00:32:24
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2015 :  00:54:02  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Interesting idea.

Here is a kender writeup for 5th edition. Having a touch of kender (perhaps the bravery trait) would certainly be easy to overlook in day to day lives and could pass unnoticed for quite some time in adventuring life as well (halflings already have advantage on saving throws vs frightened). It'd be interesting to see the player's reaction after 10 levels I finally tell him "actually you pass on a double roll of 1."

Is there any information on how a kender came into the Realms (or at least where they were living in the early days?). I just read up on Flinder Wyvernspur in Elminster Presents Ed Greenwood's Forgotten Realms and it has the least amount of information. Is there anything that details it a bit more? Also does anyone know whether Finder Wyvernspur is details in the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide?

I believe he appears as a support character in Tymoras Luck novel. If memory serves the Kender is actually "Lent" to the Faerunian deities by either a Krynn Deity (It may have even been Krynns version of AO) to stop Xvim from screwing with the planes the plot I recall revolved Xvim trying to steal the portfolios of Good and Bad Luck by tricking Lathander into recreating Tyche by merging Tymora and Besheba together the Kender was necessary because Xvim was wearing a disguise that could only be seen through by some one who wasnt native to Toril.

The Kenders name was Emilo Haversack

THe final page of Tymoras luck has Emilio refusing Finder offer to return him to Krynn he instead says he wants to meet some Torilian Halfings

Also it turns out there a trilogy of novels but I only bought the 1st and 3rd novels as the 2nd novel was a Dragonlance novel (which introduced Emilio)

The 3 Novels are

Finders Bane (FR)
Fistandantilus Reborn (DL)
Tymoras Luck (FR)

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 05 Nov 2015 01:01:48
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2015 :  01:58:22  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that. Google (and GHotR) tells me that Emilio appeared in 1368 DR via Sigil (so no direct path to Krynn). I'll definitely have at least one kender-touched character (there's two players that will potentially be from this the Hidden Vale) in the game. It'll be a way to slowly get them interested in Sigil and the other worlds/planes in the event that the game progresses to higher levels (or it can be an excuse to have them leave Toril and spend most of their time fighting extraplanar creatures in the event that we retire the characters at higher level).

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2015 :  03:13:04  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for that. Google (and GHotR) tells me that Emilio appeared in 1368 DR via Sigil (so no direct path to Krynn). I'll definitely have at least one kender-touched character (there's two players that will potentially be from this the Hidden Vale) in the game. It'll be a way to slowly get them interested in Sigil and the other worlds/planes in the event that the game progresses to higher levels (or it can be an excuse to have them leave Toril and spend most of their time fighting extraplanar creatures in the event that we retire the characters at higher level).

By the way whats the Hidden Vale?

In 3ed the place was called The Lost Vale

Have they renamed it in 4ed 5ed?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2015 :  05:07:09  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your thinking of Tarkhaldale which is a completely separate place. The Hidden Vale is a valley west of High Castle in High Dale.

Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2015 :  04:24:01  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's my version of Ancient Netheril. It de-emphasises the flying enclaves that have been so closely associated with them by simply treating them as the most commonly talked about in legends and myths (after all, what's more impressive: a flying city or a tall tower in the middle of nowhere?).

Netheril
When the elves came to Seventon and taught the humans how to cast magic and it forever changed these simple villages. The humans cleaved to magic and all children were taught the basics of it with those who excelled becoming master mages. Netheril could have been a vast empire but then the Nether Scrolls were discovered.

With the discovery of the Nether Scrolls magic wasn't one of the primary industries within Netheril. it became the only industry that mattered. Those who farmed, wrought iron, shoed horses or other mundane tasks were looked down upon. The archwizards began extending their own life as they pursued their research at the cost of all else. They only had an interest in teaching other wizards what they knew so that they could then harness those wizards in their single minded goals. Several archwizards rose to prominence in this era and all lesser wizards ended up serving them. However the promise of magic was not realised. Rather than using magic to create tools that bettered the lives of all, the lives of all had been repurposed in the single-minded pursuit of magic.

There was naught that could be done against the archwizards due to their enormous power. In order to think and concentrate the archwizards created enclaves for themselves which housed all of the lesser wizards who studied at their hand. And so for the 240 years between 605 NY to 845 NY the people of Netheril lived their own lives with little interaction with the enclaves. By tradition going back to the time of Therion the people would provide the enclaves with whatever food they required, and at each child's 13th birthday those who had an interest would be able to go to the enclave to study. This tradition of sending youths to the enclaves ended, however there were plenty of rebellious youths who wanted to get away from their lives of drudgery that the enclaves were never starved of students. The only time the archwizards took note of what occurred outside of their enclave was when supplies weren't delivered on time or when they needed new types of material for their experiments. When goods weren't delivered they would deal with whatever problem had beset the nearby villages or city and when they needed new supplies they go out and scout for the appropriate goods and then establish a new settlement there so that they could have the goods sent back to their enclave. When a particular resource was especially important, the archwizards would offer the services of lesser wizards under their tutelage to secure the goods they needed.

It wasn't until Ioullam created the first mythallar in 845 NY that the people of Netheril were significantly impacted in a positive way by the archwizards. This allowed the creation of magic items that could make the inhabitants of Netheril more efficient in serving the needs of the archwizards. The secret of mythallars was spread about the other archwizards and the lesser mages were set to work to create tools that could be used in the service of the villagers. For their part the villagers were able to improve their lives through the use of the mythallars special properties.

However as the cities grew the archwizards needed to build their enclaves further and further away so that they might gain the peace and solitude that their studies required. However as the cities grew the demand for more magic items also grew which resulted in the need for even more wizards to belong to each enclave.

Ioullam solved this problem by creating the first flying enclave. Not to be outdone the other archwizards created their own enclaves. Although today the enclaves that are most known about are the flying ones, only a minority of archwizards actually built their enclaves to fly. The rest chose impossibly dangerous terrain in which to build their enclave, demonstrating their power by forcing these dangerous environments to bend to their will and allow a tiny pocket to be inhabited. The erection of these enclaves was the final step in having Netheril truly become a sundered empire.

The views at the time of the Netheril Empire were that the archwizards and those who studied beneath them were no longer of Netheril. They existed outside of the nation and so had no ties to the people of Netheril itself. Instead each archwizard would need to negotiate a treaty with the village or city that it gained its goods and supplies from. Given their might this typically involved the archwizard promising not to destroy the mythallar that had been installed in the village or city. However the people of Netheril were able to reclaim power when two or more archwizards wanted to enter a relationship with the settlement. They couldn't overplay their hand, lest they unite both archwizards against the settlement. But more than a few cities were able to negotiate a mutually beneficial relationship between an enclave and itself and those enclaves that weren't mobile would typically create a portal between the enclave and the settlement. To enhance security many of these portals only appeared at certain times or when a certain phrase or item was in its presence.

As the arrogance of the archwizards grew and grew the common people of Netheril had less and less in common with them. The archwizards adopted a modified form of the Netherse tongue that allowed them to speak of complex magical concepts in a succinct and clear manner. The differences between the archwizards and the Netherse wasn't more pronounced than when the archwizards began denouncing gods as mere wizards who had grown more powerful than anyone else. This heresy began a movement among the Netherese against the archwizards and culminated in some of the nether scrolls being stolen.

When the flying Netherse enclaves fell to the ground the archwizards knew their enclaves would be next. Some increased the defences of their enclaves, others fled for other worlds or even planes. The majority of those who had served beneath the archwizards were sent away and so they wandered a land that had grown quite hostile towards the archwizards and so hid the extent of their abilities and their past allegiances. Regardless of what is said about the archwizards and those who served them as lesser mages, many of those wizards who hid amongst the people of Faerun are considered to be responsible for ensuring that the branch of magic used by humans didn't disappear altogether.

Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2015 :  04:55:58  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a writeup on Chauntea. It wasn't much affected by the Spellplague so this cleaves pretty closely to 2nd ed and 3rd ed material.

Chauntea
Creed
The Earthmother is everything, and her health is our health. She feeds us, clothes us, waters us, and shelters us. No god is greater than her, though many are noisier. No god is more for-giving, more nurturing, or more essential. Truly, Chauntea is All. Uphold no other gods above her, and champion no causes over her needs and nature. Fight disease and blight and those who spread it, especially the foul servants of Talona. Give seeds freely to those who will use them well, plant and sow wherever it seems best, and restore green growing things that others have despoiled. There is no higher cause than that of Chauntea.

Churches
The clergy of the churches go by many names, although the most popular name they go by is Nurturer. Unlike some churches, priests of Chauntea spend very little time preaching to the faithful and instead busy themselves with offering advice, assisting with new fowls and injured animals and representing the needs of the local farmers to the rulers of the land. It is this practical nature that the church has always taken that led to them not seeing their faithful abandon the worship of Chauntea with the coming of the Spellplague.

Like all churches, Chauntea readily provides services to secure money for all people, taking a small percentage in administration fees, Chauntean churches will keep a reasonable amount on hand and invest the rest of the funds in local initiatives, most often in farms. In this way Chauntean churches are able to be quite self-sufficient, relying very little on direct donations. The clergy do not tend or guard this land themselves, instead

Abbeys
Chauntean abbeys offer quiet contemplation for aging priests who can tend to small gardens on the abbeys grounds where they grow simple, but hearty, food. The primary duties of the abbeys, aside from providing quiet contemplation, is to records the weather patterns in years past. Nearby churches will send through details of the local weather that are then copied and compiled by the abbey before disseminated to the nearby churches and abbeys. Abbeys receive what funds they can from their nearby churches. However to supplement this income many will produce herbal remedies and poultices that are bartered in return for candles, parchment, wool and the like.

Circle of the Land
The circle of the land is the most common druidic circle amongst those who venerate Chauntea. Typically found amongst wood elves, forest gnomes, tribes and frontier lands, their duties involve bringing warnings of future harsh weather, assisting in wild fires that threaten farms and villages and assisting in stockpiling food stores for leaner times that may follow.

Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2015 :  06:36:08  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a writeup of my version of the Wall of the Faithless inspired by a thread on Enworld.

The Wall
When someone dies their soul travels to Kelemvor's domain where they arrive confused and disoriented about what has just happened to them and what they are seeing. Those who made an honest attempt to follow a particular god's creed will be visited by a servant of that god who can briefly snap them out of their confusion and offer them clarity and solace. The servant helps the soul come to terms with their current state and offer them to go to their deity's domain and live the remainder of their days with that deity.

Those who have failed to follow even the most basic precepts of the god(s) they claimed to worship may be visited by a visitor of a different deity who is willing to accept them into their domain. It takes a very strong and concerted effort by a mortal to not be visited by a deity's servant and the instances of this are extremely rare. However it is not uncommon for a departed soul to see the servant of a deity and be disgusted with the thought or idea that this is the deity they will be doomed to live the rest of their lives with. People who were particularly dishonest to themselves in life will most often have this reaction in life.

If a departed soul rejects the offer to spend their days in a deity's domain the servant leaves and the person becomes confused and disoriented about what's happening around them once more. They will remain in this state for a time, unaware of what is happening around them. Once Kelemvor gets time the departed soul will be brought before him and Kelemvor will grant to this departed soul the clarity to understand the fact they have died and are now about to be judged.

Kelemvor gives the soul one final offer to go to the domain of the god that is willing to accept them. If the soul refuses once more Kelemvor warns the soul that there is no other place for them and that if they remain in his domain they would be doomed to a life of anguish and torment. If the soul still refuses the soul is taken away from Kelemvor and instantly loses the clarity and understanding they had in Kelemvor's presence. The only fate left to this person is to become part of The Wall.

The Wall was built to seal up a rift in Kelemvor's domain between it in and the Far Realm, that dimension that exists outside of reality as perceived by those of the physical universe or the various different planes. Those who are imbedded into The Wall are the subjected to having their sanity and mind shredded into pieces. Kelemvor destroyed this wall at one time and it resulted in allowing an onslaught of aberrations to flood his domain. If not for the concerted efforts of the other gods the aberrations would have overwhelmed the Astral Plane and from there all of the planes. It is with great effort that the aberrations could be beaten back and the wall rebuilt.

Those who become part of The Wall are subjected to psychic attacks where their sanity is slowly ripped away from them. However with a soul being unwilling to accept what has happened to them and join the god whose creed they most closely lived by the person would be subject to an eternity of confusion and disorientation. It is only for this reason that Kelemvor suffers the existence of The Wall and the placement of lost souls into it. Devils call it the Wall of the Faithless while the gods call it The Wall of Heroes.

For not everyone who is made up of The Wall is a soul who could not accept they had died. On the way to a god's domain all souls must walk past The Wall and they are told of it's purpose and the need for it. Each soul is asked if they would willingly sacrifice their own sanity and choose to become a part of that Wall to help stop the aberrations from breaking through. For if enough souls aren't sent to The Wall then it will one day fall down and there will be nothing the gods can do. Most souls chose not to sacrifice themselves for The Wall, however those who do are remembered by all of that faith.

When someone willingly becomes a part of the Wall the god whose domain they would have otherwise been sent to sends a message to all their clergy who maintain temples and churches to add a new name to the church's Wall of Heroes. Failure by a priest stationed at a church to do so is grounds for them to no longer receive divine spells from that god. And so throughout the land each temple and church maintains the exact same Wall of Heroes for their faith without understanding or knowing why this is so. Such walls can be used to determine when a temple was abandoned as the last name on the Wall will give such a clue. Some faiths have grand ornate walls with hundreds if not thousands of names. Other churches have no Wall of Heroes because no followers of that faith have willingly sacrificed themselves to The Wall.

However the faithless as some call them are not necessarily condemned to The Wall. Before Kelemvor sees a soul a devil will typically have enough time to stumble upon them. Like the divine servants of gods, devils can give a departed soul a brief moment of clarity. They offer the soul an eternity in hell and offer to strike a bargain to save them from the fate of The Wall. Kelemvor claims he cannot stop devils from doing this, but there are those who wonder if he deliberately looks the other way and allow souls to escape his clutches so that they are saved from the horror that is The Wall. Those who refuse the devils as well return to their confused state and await Kelemvor's final judgement.
----
This is based on my dislike for how The Wall of the Faithless was presented in 3rd edition and is an attempt to make it less so "Kelemvor's really not a nice god for condemning people to The Wall of the Faithless" and instead it becomes a case of "Kelemvor recognises the need for The Wall but doesn't like it and does his best to provide souls with any alternative. All they have to do is accept it." It also creates a need for their to be true devotion to the gods and not simply pay lip service (if you merely pay lip service, a deity to a different god is likely to show up to claim you. Worshiping a deity is your way to control which afterlife you get sent to).

Edited by - JohnLynch on 17 Nov 2015 06:37:37
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2015 :  13:29:12  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was following the thread over Enworld as well, and I must say that I like this take. It gives the Wall a purpose that isn't just that of being a cruel punishment.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 17 Nov 2015 14:08:45
Go to Top of Page

obubison1
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2015 :  00:44:08  Show Profile Send obubison1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find this all very interesting and hope that you will continue posting on this.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2015 :  09:48:43  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obubison1

I find this all very interesting and hope that you will continue posting on this.

Thanks.

Thanks. I've been taking a break to help recharge (spending some time exploring Greyhawk). I've definitely got some more material coming. In the interim, here's an updated map for Cormyr (still a WIP).

Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2015 :  09:25:09  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's some exotic materials for weapons and the creatures whose resistance they overcome.

Adamantine
Adamantine is extremely rare and extremely difficult to work with. The secret of working adamantine is one kept by master blacksmiths throughout the land. Some blacksmiths with this knowledge will openly operate in major cities and use the acclaim to drive up the prices of their work. Others will grow tired of the fame (and attacks) and so will retire to a quiet little village and keep hidden the fact they know how to work adamantine. Of all the metals, adamantine is the strongest and can cut anything.

Cold Iron
Cold iron weapons are able to hurt various types of creatures, a fact that is well known. However what is not known is that there is no such thing as cold iron. It is a myth that was propagated sometime ago and no-one has had the motive to dispel it. Truly any iron implement will harm them, although those who know pretend that only iron that is specially treated will suffice.

Holy Weapons
Holy weapons are inscribed with the holy symbol of a god and are consecrated by a priest of the god. Only powerful priests are able to perform this consecration and they must be convinced the cause is righteous in order to create the weapon.

Mithral
Having all the properties of silver, some creatures are resistant to damage even from silver weapons but are vulnerable to mithral ones. Unlike silver mithral does keep an edge and so can be of any weapon type and is most often bladed weapons.

Silver
Silver is so highly valued due to the large number of creatures it can harm. As such the silver has a much higher value than it would on a world that didn't have monsters resistant to all damage but that which comes from a silvered weapon. Unfortunately silver doesn't keep an edge well and so can only come in the form of bludgeoning weapons.

Unholy Weapons
These weapons are inscribed with a symbol of a fiend and must be consecrated in the blood of an intelligent living creature with a prayer said to the fiend from a cultist who has dedicated their life to the fiend.

Obsidian
This is capable of hurting water elementals, the only known material capable of bypassing their resistance without magic. Alas knowledge of this fact is exceedingly rare and so obsidian is not normally manufactured into weapons. Hempomanoland is an exception where a spiked club is manufactured from obsidian.

Resistant Creatures
Below is a list of the creatures and the special type of weapons that can harm them. All creatures can have their resistance bypassed by having a magic weapon.
  • Angels - Unholy
  • Empyrean - Unholy
  • Demons - Holy or Silver
  • Sucubus/Incubus - Holy or Silver
  • Yugoloth - Holy or Silver
  • Devils - Holy or Silver
  • Air elementals - Mithral
  • Invisible Stalker - Mithral
  • Earth elementals - Adamantine
  • Galeb Duhr - Adamantine
  • Fire elementals - Iron
  • Magmin - Iron
  • Fire snake - Iron
  • Water elementals - Obsidian
  • Golems - Adamantine
  • Scarecrow - Adamantine
  • Grick - Iron
  • Kraken - Mithral
  • Lich - Holy or Silver
  • Mummy - Holy or Silver
  • Spectre - Holy or Silver
  • Vampire - Holy or Silver
  • Wight - Holy or Silver
  • Lycanthropes - Silver
  • Peryton - Iron

Edited by - JohnLynch on 10 Dec 2015 09:27:38
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000